Second degree funding after a masters

Watch this thread
Jasminedomini
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I have applied for student finance for both the tuition and maintenance loan and have just received an email saying that the course I’m going to study (nursing) is not an exemption course.

This was their letter
“As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualication you alread, have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won't be eligible to receive Fee Support, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant while studying on your new course You may still be eligible for other student finance such as Parental Learnina Alowance. Adult Dependants' Grant. Childcare Grant or Disabled Students Alowance”

I have called SFE but they every time I tried the phone gets disconnected (after waiting on the queue for a good 15 minutes), so that’s why I’m writing here to see if anyone can tell me what I should do.

I have an undergraduate degree in criminology and a masters in international business and law and I now want to study nursing full time.

Will I be able to get both tuition and maintaince loan?
From what I know nursing is an exemption course and I should be able to get funding but maybe I’m wrong?

Thank you

have, you’re not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won’t be eligible to receive FeeSupport, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant while studying on yournew course
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jasminedomini)
Hello,

I have applied for student finance for both the tuition and maintenance loan and have just received an email saying that the course I’m going to study (nursing) is not an exemption course.

This was their letter
“As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualication you alread, have, you're not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won't be eligible to receive Fee Support, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant while studying on your new course You may still be eligible for other student finance such as Parental Learnina Alowance. Adult Dependants' Grant. Childcare Grant or Disabled Students Alowance”

I have called SFE but they every time I tried the phone gets disconnected (after waiting on the queue for a good 15 minutes), so that’s why I’m writing here to see if anyone can tell me what I should do.

I have an undergraduate degree in criminology and a masters in international business and law and I now want to study nursing full time.

Will I be able to get both tuition and maintaince loan?
From what I know nursing is an exemption course and I should be able to get funding but maybe I’m wrong?

Thank you

have, you’re not eligible for some aspects of student finance. You won’t be eligible to receive FeeSupport, Maintenance Loan, Maintenance Grant or Special Support Grant while studying on yournew course
You might be eligible for the NHS bursary of £5,000 per year:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/nur...rsing-payments
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads