Have a kitchen porter interview in a few hours, what can I expect from the interview?

Watch this thread
Jonodeer
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not really sure what they are going to ask me. If they ask me why I want the job, I've got no clue I just need the money at the moment to be honest. If they ask me why I think I would be good at the job, I really like doing menial tasks, I'm autistic so when I have a routine or just a task that I can get on with and know what I'm doing, I'm happy, plus as someone with major social anxiety not having to deal with customers is a bonus but I don't know how to word that better.

What questions should I ask them? I know I need to ask about shift patterns and pay. And I should ask them about what to wear? But I don't know how to word that question. Do I ask them about tips or does that come off to money focused, do KPs even get tips? (Based in the UK). Can I ask them what an average shift looks like or does that come off as unprepared. I've read the job description so know what sort of stuff I'll be doing but I assume there is some order to that and more time will be spent doing some things than others etc.

What can I expect from the job itself?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Basically avoid saying anything negative. Explain that you’re interested in food and in how a busy kitchen works and that will enjoy helping the chefs. Fine to say that you are good at doing routine tasks well and add that you are reliable and flexible. On the questions, ask some things that are covered on the info you’ve had. Details of the training provided and shift patterns is good, questions about the benefits can be left till they offer you the job. As to what it’s like as a job, I think this will vary depending on the culture of the establishment. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
34.78%
Take a gap year (5)
21.74%
Resit my exams (6)
26.09%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (2)
8.7%
I don't know yet (1)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads