Computer chair in my accommodation room broke - Help

Watch this thread
Student1010110
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

So I have an issue with my university right now. The computer chair in my room in my flat unexpectedly broke one day when I sat down on it, one of the computer chair legs just snapped. I complained to accommodation services because I wanted my chair replaced but now they want to charge upwards of £150 to replace it, even though the chair they gave me was old and used in the first place. I’m currently trying to contest it, but they’re blaming me for the breaking because, and I quote, the chair legs ‘simply do not break’ (yes I wish I was joking) - I really don’t have that kind of money to pay and I’m worried I’ll have to pay out of my own pocket because one of my flat makes lost our letterbox keys and if I have to fit the bill for this chair, my deposit will be effectively wiped out.

This is a really really stressful time for me so if there’s any advice anyone could give I’d really appreciate it
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
A few months ago I needed a brand new printer. So I went to a local recommended shop which sells computers etc and asked them to tell me more about cheap but effective printers then made my own brief summary notes as well. Head down to a popular nearby furniture store, then try out a few office chairs in store and see what personally works for you. Good luck. Check out the information that is provided freely on their website. Make sure to find out as much as possible
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (129)
40.06%
They're exactly what I expected (79)
24.53%