Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying to uni that you pulled out of last year. watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I accepted a place at Salford university last August. Two days after results day I rang UCAS up and pulled my application out because I had decided against university.
    Now I'm thinking that I made a bad decision and that I could reapply for next year. But it would be at Salford again. Would I just be wasting my time?

ReputationRep:
    Don't apply there - it's hardly like you're missing out on a second app to cambridge or wherever is it.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you decide against uni in the first place, are you commited to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I decided to pull out of university because my dream is to fly airliners, and after speaking to a few of my pals who are flying for a living with airlines at Newcastle, I decided against it because none of them did. So I thought to myself why am I wasting 3 years when I could be persuring my dream now, but it isnt going so well, with the credit crunch and lack of jobs and things, plus I've just come back from visiting a friend at uni in Leeds so I may of got the bug slightly.

So to answer your question River85, no I dont think I am, and thank you for making me realise that. Again lol *Slaps himself in face*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Don't apply there - it's hardly like you're missing out on a second app to cambridge or wherever is it.
    So? Salford have some excellent courses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    :rolleyes:
    Go back to your hovel and allow me to duct tape your mouth shut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    So? Salford have some excellent courses...
    You're missing the point. I was saying that Salford was not unique so there was no need to waste another application on it when close subsitutes are readily available.

It was no a comment on the academic standards of Salford, although I could make one too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    You're missing the point. I was saying that Salford was not unique so there was no need to waste another application on it when close subsitutes are readily available.
    How do you know Salfrod isn't unique? Every uni has unique aspects. It can be a very unique to the OP.

The OP clearly wants to go to Salford, accept it. If you can't provide advice or support just don't post anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    :rolleyes:
    Go back to your hovel and allow me to duct tape your mouth shut.
    well said, indeed. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    How do you know Salfrod isn't unique? Every uni has unique aspects. It can be a very unique to the OP.

The OP clearly wants to go to Salford, accept it. If you can't provide advice or support just don't post anything at all.
    I did post advice - that applying for a uni you withdrew from last year is a bad idea. :shifty: Attempting to reapply is bad given the increased rejection risk stemming from this and the fact that close subsitutes are available...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    I did post advice - that applying for a uni you withdrew from last year is a bad idea. :shifty: Attempting to reapply is bad given the increased rejection risk stemming from this and the fact that close subsitutes are available...:rolleyes:
    No, your first post clearly suggested the OP shouldn't apply there as it wasn't very good (it's not Cambridge).

Are you an expert in university applications? How do you know the admissions tutor will even recognise his name and know he has previously applied? Even if does, that wouldn't necessarily bias him.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine! I went to uni 3 years ago and then a month later just changed my mind. I'm now in my second year at the same uni!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.