Applying for unis?

Watch this thread
ethan_smith
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone!

Which uni and how far along are you in the application process?
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ethan_smith)
Hello everyone!

Which uni and how far along are you in the application process?
youngest is year 12 currently, applying for 2023 start for animal behaviour/ zoology.
Lancaster, Reading , Chester, Bangor and Lincoln.
Got to see the last 2 unis on that list yet, but Reading is looking like the fave.
ethan_smith
Rep:
(Original post by Ghostlady)
youngest is year 12 currently, applying for 2023 start for animal behaviour/ zoology.
Lancaster, Reading , Chester, Bangor and Lincoln.
Got to see the last 2 unis on that list yet, but Reading is looking like the fave.
That's great! What's the application requirement? Preparing for any tests?
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ethan_smith)
That's great! What's the application requirement? Preparing for any tests?
They range from ABB - BBC in alevels depending on the uni. Its good to have a range and not all the same grades because no-one knows how they are going to fair come jan next year onwards.
As far as I know there are no tests apart from sixth form. When eldest applied for Oxford she had to do an entrance PAT test, but no tests anywhere else, just interviews. Some unis offer interviews some dont, depending on the course.

As far as application is going, shes doing all the things needed for her personal statement. So doing a MOOC online, podcasts, hands on experience with animals at a zoo, work experience, summer residential. She will probably not send the application off until around november time
ethan_smith
Rep:
(Original post by Ghostlady)
They range from ABB - BBC in alevels depending on the uni. Its good to have a range and not all the same grades because no-one knows how they are going to fair come jan next year onwards.
As far as I know there are no tests apart from sixth form. When eldest applied for Oxford she had to do an entrance PAT test, but no tests anywhere else, just interviews. Some unis offer interviews some dont, depending on the course.

As far as application is going, shes doing all the things needed for her personal statement. So doing a MOOC online, podcasts, hands on experience with animals at a zoo, work experience, summer residential. She will probably not send the application off until around november time
Ahh okay! Lmk if you require any help with the application material or CV writing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads