Turn on thread page Beta

bf trouble :( not gooddddd watch

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea where i stand with him anymore....
    he says he still loves me, and he acts like it but stuff is strange..
    hes never been the most affectionate person but this takes the *^((
    want a example?
    i saw him on tuesday, and cause of work and college i couldnt see him again till sunday. I text him and stuff but he didnt text back.. then on sunday i asked him why and he said that he just didnt see the point as he was gonna see me anyways..
    what i dont get is that if he doesnt love me just break up
    ive asked him and he says that he does love me, and i mean, he makes a effort when were together its just it's like he cba in the mean time. I love him so much which is why it hurtss so much
    x

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean, but maybe he doesn't know how much it hurts you? Just sit him down and tell him how much it feels for the small things like texting you back?

ReputationRep:
    i just feel stupid cause i knew he wasnt all lovely dovey when i got with him, like 8 and a bit months ago... i just kinda thought he'd change...lol.
    if i sit him down, do you think he's get like... all grhhhh?? cause he probs wouldnt understand,
    ...x
    xx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    and in the other thread you were asking about geting hold of contraception.. you sure you would want to do that with him?

ReputationRep:
    aha... erm... yh i do, maybe..,, cause when he's nice hes very nice if that makes sense?...
    xx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by lolage)
    aha... erm... yh i do, maybe..,, cause when he's nice hes very nice if that makes sense?...
    xx
    but in the mean time he seems like he cant be arsed.. if he was truly in love, he would do anything for you.. 8 months without nookie is a long time in a relationship, maybe thats all hes after..

ReputationRep:
    but it would be his first time too... and he's waited like 8 months and he's not pressuring me or anything.. i just wanna but i dunnoo... u think thats all he's really after??

ReputationRep:
    erm you need to talk to him? ask him... he may just not be the lovely dovey type? some people are some arn't?
    think about the positives and negatives in the relationship. can you put up with him NOT being affectionate, just because its not his thing?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    it could be... he might not want to break up with you cos it will hurt you too much. then again, he could be in love with you properly, but trying to limit contact to make being away from you a little easier, god, ive done it in the past. at the end of the day its your call. if you truly believe that he loves you, then go for it..

he could just be an anti-social bugger?

ReputationRep:
    maybe i need to explain it better, its kinda like, when im with him its all good like, hes affectinate in front of friends and family and when its just us and just generally good. BUt as soon as i go home or something, it just stops, no texts, nothing. It's not his thing i know it isnt, and ive tried to explain that it would be nice if he did stuff, yanno a phone call here or there but he doesnt...
    xx

ReputationRep:
    he probs is a anti-social bugger lol , haha thankss, thats made me smile lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    maybe i need to explain it better, its kinda like, when im with him its all good like, hes affectinate in front of friends and family and when its just us and just generally good. BUt as soon as i go home or something, it just stops, no texts, nothing. It's not his thing i know it isnt, and ive tried to explain that it would be nice if he did stuff, yanno a phone call here or there but he doesnt...
    xx
    maybe hes just tight with his money, in which case, thats fair enough. if he doesnt want to spend credit, then he doesnt have to.. texting a g can get expensive, as can calling them on mobiles.

ReputationRep:
    xx
    Ohhh! i see... well thats just men for ya really (not all but in my experience) i've managed to train my bf a lil bit to call and stuff (mainly because i'm a worrier). i know what you mean though... a simple text is nothing really... could do it while sitting on the loo for pity sake! not like its wasting his time or anything... lol sorry rant over
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Lisa.22)
    Ohhh! i see... well thats just men for ya really (not all but in my experience) i've managed to train my bf a lil bit to call and stuff (mainly because i'm a worrier). i know what you mean though... a simple text is nothing really... could do it while sitting on the loo for pity sake! not like its wasting his time or anything... lol sorry rant over
    i only text alot, cos i get free texts, and only call cos ive got free mins to orange numbers after a certain time. if i didnt have these, then i wouldnt ring at all, and texting would be sparse..

i couldnt agree more that its just men in general. she will text me alot more than i text her, but thats because i dont know what shes doing at the time, or whether im interupting anything. me on the other hand, if my phone goes off, ill just read the text regardless....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.22)
    yhh men are prats lol sorry to guys helping me
    exactly!!! thats what i dont understand! its hardly hard to send me 1 text a day or something just to say i love you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    i only text alot, cos i get free texts, and only call cos ive got free mins to orange numbers after a certain time. if i didnt have these, then i wouldnt ring at all, and texting would be sparse..

i couldnt agree more that its just men in general. she will text me alot more than i text her, but thats because i dont know what shes doing at the time, or whether im interupting anything. me on the other hand, if my phone goes off, ill just read the text regardless....
    hmmm, i surpose, he has said that he doesnt want to bother me too much to make me go off him.. i dunnoo.. it just kinda does my nut in
    xx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yhh men are prats lol sorry to guys helping me
    exactly!!! thats what i dont understand! its hardly hard to send me 1 text a day or something just to say i love you x
    ill sne d atext to her, and that will be the only message " i love you (insert relevant number of kisses here)" just to let her know..
    but then again, im rather clingy...:p:

ReputationRep:
    ill sne d atext to her, and that will be the only message " i love you (insert relevant number of kisses here)" just to let her know..
    but then again, im rather clingy...:p:
    yh but thats nice! i'd rather he'd be like that... i know he doesnt do it on purpose but still...
    x
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    hmmm, i surpose, he has said that he doesnt want to bother me too much to make me go off him.. i dunnoo.. it just kinda does my nut in
    xx
    well if he was to bombard you with texts all day, it would probably piss you off, but not even one seems a little stingy...

ReputationRep:
    well if he was to bombard you with texts all day, it would probably piss you off, but not even one seems a little stingy...
    yh... like you said, even 1 a day would be nice... but nnoooooo!, yh sorry this is my little rant..
    xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.