The Student Room Group

Provisional licence

Hi, I have sent the D801 a form to the DVLA, filling the share code, attaching the image and writing the date and signature. I have sent to them and they have received it, but when I check the status of the provisional licence, it says awaiting for the application return form. I have sent them the form 2 days ago. Should I contact them or should I wait? Thank you
Wait. The last I heard they were taking weeks or even months to process docs and issue licences.
Original post by Danish Zubair
Hi, I have sent the D801 a form to the DVLA, filling the share code, attaching the image and writing the date and signature. I have sent to them and they have received it, but when I check the status of the provisional licence, it says awaiting for the application return form. I have sent them the form 2 days ago. Should I contact them or should I wait? Thank you

Just wait until it comes as it's currently taking around 4 - 6 weeks minimum to process things but due to the huge backlog caused by strikes and the pandemic they are getting through the application's forms by the dates that they receive them in post.

Below is the link for DVLA update on the driving license.

www.gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk guidance d...
DVLA services update - GOV.UK
Original post by Admit-One
Wait. The last I heard they were taking weeks or even months to process docs and issue licences.

Ok, thank you so much
Original post by Tracey_W
Just wait until it comes as it's currently taking around 4 - 6 weeks minimum to process things but due to the huge backlog caused by strikes and the pandemic they are getting through the application's forms by the dates that they receive them in post.

Below is the link for DVLA update on the driving license.

www.gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk guidance d...
DVLA services update - GOV.UK

Ok, thank you so much
Ok, thank you so much

No worries ok and hopefully you'll receive it soon.
Reply 6

Hi I was wondering if you could tell us how long it took for you to receive your provisional licence? Im thinking of sending mine in but I'll need my ID documents (which I have to send) in a few months time, so I don't want to risk sending anything in if there's any indication that it takes a long time to process.

Quick Reply