Btec diplomas: national vs foundation

Watch this thread
QuestionAsker27
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, what’s the difference between a BTEC national diploma and a BETC foundation diploma? Is one better than the other?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Can you link to the qualifications on the Pearson website (or on the website of the college you’re looking at)?
There’s more than one BTEC Foundation Diploma.
QuestionAsker27
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Can you link to the qualifications on the Pearson website (or on the website of the college you’re looking at)?
The foundation diploma (worth 1.5 a levels) is achieved after 1 year of taking the extended diploma for applied science (worth 3 a levels once completed) whereas the national diploma (worth 2 a levels) is similar to the extended course but covers less units
Last edited by QuestionAsker27; 1 month ago
QuestionAsker27
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Here’s the link https://centralstmichaels.ac.uk/cour...ended-diploma/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads