The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think teachers would prefer you be confident,as they want you to express your opinions in the lessons,so be brave!:P
I'm confident, and probably a bit too confident at times :p: Teachers do tend to like me though
Reply 3
im shy in some lessons and really really loud and confident in others...:s-smilie:
Confident wins
well you should be a little outstanding, otherwise they don't notice you.

Do you actually get oral grades?
I think teachers prefer their students to be confident. Just so there's a bit of debate in the classroom.
Reply 6
Confident.
Reply 7
That's like me. It seems like I'm confident in subjects I actually care most about (Economics and Maths) and quiet in my other 2 (politics and physics). I need to be as confident as possible for economics, need a good reference and everything :p:
I just tend to sit at the back of the class and not answer any questions. I really can't be bothered. The one I'm probably most confident in is English Lit.
Reply 9
I'd say the best thing to be is a healthy balance.
Answer some, but not all questions and be enthusiastic yet not overbearing.

In Maths, I never answer a question but in English Lit I never stop talking, so i actually need to take my own advice! :tongue:
Reply 10
I answer questions, but I don't generally make my voice heard for the sake of it. I contribute when asked, really. Apart from further maths, which is a one on one lesson so I can't really hide away there :p:
Reply 11
Confidence > shyness

Don't show off though :p:
Reply 12
toothbrushes
Just a completely random question, because in some lessons I find myself shy and sometimes I'm the centre of attention, but do you think that teachers prefer you to be really confident or really shy? Obviously the ideal point's in the middle, but if you had to choose, which would it be, IN GENERAL?

Toothbrushes

EDIT
My teachers seem to like the fact I've become more confident as the months have progressed since I first started college. :smile:
In some cases, such as mine, being shy is an illness.

Latest