The Student Room Group

How quickly has uni gone for you?

Has it zoomed past?
Yes. I'm going into third year soon.
Original post by Anonymous
Has it zoomed past?

I'm half way through my degree now and I have to say it's going pretty quickly!
Has it zoomed past?

Hi there!

I've just finished my degree, and awaiting my results next week - but I really don't know where the time has gone! It's completely zoomed by, and I say that to everyone intending to start university. It really makes you appreciate everything and all the good times, and realise that all good things really do come to an end at some point :frown:

Ana - UOL Ambassador :smile:
Has it zoomed past?

Hi
I am two years into my degree and it has completely flown by in my opinion and I had a gap year before starting.

Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi
I am two years into my degree and it has completely flown by in my opinion and I had a gap year before starting.

Kasey - ULaw Student Ambassador

I have had a gap year too. Was your gap year slow? Mine was
Has it zoomed past?

Hi @Anonymous,

Like most people, I can definitely say that this degree went really fast! I didn't do a gap year or anything but my course was the average 3 years and I just finished my last year a month ago and honestly 3 years sounds very long at the beginning but time flies faster in university than it does at college for some reason. I think that might also be down to the fact that you have much longer holidays in between and the timetable in an average week is generally not too full, so it feels like you're not necessarily there as much as you would be compared to going to school or college 5 days a week for a full day. :smile:

Sarah ULaw Student Ambassador
Has it zoomed past?

Hey,

Agree with what everyone else has said about it zooming by. I did a 4-year degree and it went by very quickly! Once you get settled into uni life and studying, time just seems to fly. Once you start university, make the most of your time there and get involved with as much as you can!

Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Has it zoomed past?

Hi there,
Yes it has! I can't believe its been three years for me now. Luckily I've got another year left which I'm happy about, I'm not ready to leave yet. I don't think the pandemic helped as it stole a lot of valuable time away from many students. But we have to look forward I suppose. The future after uni is just as exciting but embrace it while you are there and make lots of memories!
-Grace
Has it zoomed past?

Hey!

I have just finished my first year and the first semester (before Xmas) didn't go particularly quick but I feel the second semester absolutely flew by if I'm honest. I can't quite believe I have finished my first year!

Abby, University of Chichester, First Year Student Ambassador
Hi!

I have just finished my first year and the time has flown by. I was lucky to be able to get involved in lots of different activities and events which I am sure only made it go quicker. I am excited to go back in September and am looking forward to making the most of my second year!

Luke - Portsmouth Student Rep
Sussex???
Has it zoomed past?

It's gone quite terrifyingly fast, to be honest, and the fact that my entire first year was online didn't help! I'm going into my third year in September, and it's crazy to me that I've now been a university student for longer than my entire time in sixth form, which dragged on in comparison.

Rohnak
Escape Studios Student Rep
I have had a gap year too. Was your gap year slow? Mine was

The gap year did go quite slowly for me while I was waiting to start university. Definitely went slower than what being at university has.
not overwhelmingly. second year lasted forever because of covid, and third year was pretty long too.
It feels like yesterday i started my degree and now i'm going into my masters. Having to study through covid was a challenge but i feel that helped me focus more.
Very quickly.
VERY (my last official day was 05/05 and I don’t go back until October!) I still had essays to do for May, and I had to ask for extensions so I was still working until June but I last went in for lectures end of April as I was at work for the last day.
Hi,

So I did a 4 year, Integrated Masters at Escape Studios in Game Art and it's crazy how fast it's all gone by. I find myself thinking about facts like I was 20 when I started and now I'm about to turn 24, Covid began 2.5 years ago (roughly), and I finished college 5 years ago, along with my first creative workshop/interview with Escape.

- James
Has it zoomed past?

It has definitely gone very quickly. My course was 4 years and I can’t believe that I’ve just graduated already. You can try out lots of new things at societies to really make the most of your time at uni as it really does go by very quickly!

- Tineke
4th year Physics student, Lancaster Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest