The Student Room Group

I need help with predicted grades.

I got A*A*B for my predicted grades in Bio, Chem and Maths. I want to apply to do Chemical engineering at universities like Birmingham, Briston, Liverpool, Manchester. But they require AAA and I got my B in maths. Will I still get an offer or am I going to go and cry now?

Thanks.
Original post by Benjebon748
I got A*A*B for my predicted grades in Bio, Chem and Maths. I want to apply to do Chemical engineering at universities like Birmingham, Briston, Liverpool, Manchester. But they require AAA and I got my B in maths. Will I still get an offer or am I going to go and cry now?

Thanks.

Hi @Benjebon748

Congratulations on completing your A-Levels!

As far as I am aware, how the entry requirements usually work, is that each grade correlates to a certain number of UCAS points. AAA is 144 points and in order to meet the entry requirements, you must meet or surpass those number of points. You can do this in any number of grade combinations, not just AAA. Your predicted grades, A*A*B actually surpass the entry requirements as you’ve received a total of 152 UCAS points. You should have no problems receiving an offer based on these.

Good luck in applying to your chosen universities!

Estelle
First Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @Benjebon748

Congratulations on completing your A-Levels!

Firstly, I would like to reassure you and say you’ve done amazingly on your examinations and you have nothing to worry about. How the entry requirements work, is that each grade correlates to a certain number of UCAS points. AAA is 144 points and in order to meet the entry requirements, you must meet or surpass those number of points. You can do this in any number of grade combinations, not just AAA. Your grades, A*A*B actually surpass the entry requirements as you’ve received a total of 152 UCAS points. You should have no problems receiving an offer.

Good luck in applying to your chosen universities!

Estelle
First Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield

UCAS points aren't relevant for some unis - you need the grades. Anyway, the OP is talking about predictions not achieved grades.
Original post by Muttley79
UCAS points aren't relevant for some unis - you need the grades. Anyway, the OP is talking about predictions not achieved grades.

Thanks @Muttley79

I misread the post, thanks for pointing that out! I’ve edited the post according to this.
You can probably still apply as you're only one grade below the entry requirement, especially if you do have some sort of extenuating circumstances that apply. If not, perhaps your school has options to do extra work in order to bump up that predicted grade before the UCAS deadline in January? Definitely not the end of the world with your two A stars.
Original post by toxicgamage56
You can probably still apply as you're only one grade below the entry requirement, especially if you do have some sort of extenuating circumstances that apply. If not, perhaps your school has options to do extra work in order to bump up that predicted grade before the UCAS deadline in January? Definitely not the end of the world with your two A stars.

Thanks so much for the reply. My first post and honestly suprised by how many people are willing to help.

Quick Reply

Latest