Clearing + Extra vs waiting list

Watch this thread
Leekpart
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all!

I saw a post in one of these discussion that said for someone not to withdraw as you are far more likely to get a position from the waiting list than relying on Clearing / Extra. I was considering, as I already have my UCAS points, withdrawing and entering clearing on July 5th to try and secure a spot at UCLan Ambassador UCLan doing Paramedic science, however would it be far more beneficial for me to wait until the A-Level results day and see if I get an offer between now and that date, or just enter into Clearing straight away and try secure a space that way?

Thanks all!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What offers are you holding at the moment?
Leekpart
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
What offers are you holding at the moment?
At the moment none as I only actually applied to UCLan Ambassador and it was past the deadline by a couple of weeks, so as it stands i have no offers :/
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leekpart)
At the moment none as I only actually applied to UCLan Ambassador and it was past the deadline by a couple of weeks, so as it stands i have no offers :/
Then you need to ring ucas and pay the additional fee to add more than one choice if you hope to use clearing.

even if uclan want to offer you a place from their waiting list you would need to pay the fee to take up that offer using clearing.

clearing offers are unconditional and so you won’t be considered for waiting list places or made any clearing offer until you have your results
Leekpart
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Then you need to ring ucas and pay the additional fee to add more than one choice if you hope to use clearing.

even if uclan want to offer you a place from their waiting list you would need to pay the fee to take up that offer using clearing.

clearing offers are unconditional and so you won’t be considered for waiting list places or made any clearing offer until you have your results
So to enter into clearing I NEED to have more than one choice selected? I've got my results from college as I finished last year. I haven't seen that about needing more than one option for clearing before? I paid the £20+ fee to apply originally as well
Leekpart
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)

So would i need to put another choice down by 6pm today?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So would i need to put another choice down by 6pm today?
To enter clearing or extra you need to be holding NO offers. If you have only applied to 1 choice you have paid a lower entry fee. To apply again through clearing you are applying twice so would need to apply for that and pay the higher fee,
Leekpart
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
To enter clearing or extra you need to be holding NO offers. If you have only applied to 1 choice you have paid a lower entry fee. To apply again through clearing you are applying twice so would need to apply for that and pay the higher fee,
ohhh so i can still apply but i would be paying an extra fee?
Leekpart
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I dont mind paying the higher fee tbh, as long as ive at least got a chance thats all im really fussed about ahahah
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Btw folks, 'waiting lists' only exist for certain subjects - typically Mediicine, Dentistry, Veterinary and some other healthcare courses/
BUT they are ONLY for those who
a) gave been interviewed for that course
b) were not made an offer
c) and have been emailed about a waiting list.
And even if you are asked to join a waitinng list, there is no guarantee at all that you will be phoned on Results Day.
UCLan Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

Sorry this reply is coming to you a bit late, but I checked with colleagues and suggest that if you already have your results then it may be best to submit an application as Paramedic Science has a high demand of applicants, and the chances of any places at clearing are slim.

This is information I've been told, but if you have any further queries then please let me know!

Best of luck to you,
Josh

Hi all!

I saw a post in one of these discussion that said for someone not to withdraw as you are far more likely to get a position from the waiting list than relying on Clearing / Extra. I was considering, as I already have my UCAS points, withdrawing and entering clearing on July 5th to try and secure a spot at UCLan Ambassador UCLan doing Paramedic science, however would it be far more beneficial for me to wait until the A-Level results day and see if I get an offer between now and that date, or just enter into Clearing straight away and try secure a space that way?

Thanks all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.78%
Take a gap year (22)
15.83%
Resit my exams (38)
27.34%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
12.95%
I don't know yet (15)
10.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.32%

Watched Threads