The Student Room Group

Edexcel EPQ Dissertation - Are the Literature Review and Discussion compulsory?

I'm in the process of writing my EPQ and my supervisor both isn't replying to my messages and has never actually been involved with EPQs before - so she hasn't been able to answer a lot of my other questions either.
I'm doing my project on coal fired power and I was going to arrange it in sections like :introduction, infancy of coal fired power, science and evolutions, changing tides against coal (economics) and alternative energy sources, conclusion. However, I was looking through a few examples and I've noticed they're all arranged in abstract, introduction, literature review, discussion, conclusion. I was wondering whether this was the compulsory layout or not? I've looked through the specification but I ended up confusing myself more so I was wondering if someone could tell me. I also looked through several other threads on here but they had mixed answers.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by Rory2209
I'm in the process of writing my EPQ and my supervisor both isn't replying to my messages and has never actually been involved with EPQs before - so she hasn't been able to answer a lot of my other questions either.
I'm doing my project on coal fired power and I was going to arrange it in sections like :introduction, infancy of coal fired power, science and evolutions, changing tides against coal (economics) and alternative energy sources, conclusion. However, I was looking through a few examples and I've noticed they're all arranged in abstract, introduction, literature review, discussion, conclusion. I was wondering whether this was the compulsory layout or not? I've looked through the specification but I ended up confusing myself more so I was wondering if someone could tell me. I also looked through several other threads on here but they had mixed answers.
Thank you :smile:

Which exam board?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Which exam board?

It's in the title but edexcel. I found an example on the edexcel website and other online with out the literature review though so I don't think I need it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending