The Student Room Group

Feel so lost

I am absolutely lost right now. Since last week i feel like life has just gone south on me.
Firstly, a recent immigration issue came up and i will not be entitled for a student loan, meaning instead of paying £9250, I will have to pay around £11-14K depending on the uni. I wasn't born here but came here when I was 2 and have lived and studied here all my life and right now i feel very rejected. I wished to study aerospace engineering at uni, am getting good grades, had a good plan as to what I was going to do but thats gone down the drain. My parents are pressuring me into doing a degree apprenticeship at BAE/EDF etc.. and I am now really looking into it but my deepest fear is I will not get them. They are extremely competitive especially at BAE and me folding is my biggest fear. I come from a lower economic background and now that I have to pay round £11k, uni just isn't a good choice for me. I want to study aeronautics and it is what I have a deep interest but I have no idea on how to go about doing that.
Secondly, as I want to study aerospace, i have no idea whether to do mechanical engineering, or just aerospace. The UK Aviation industry is small compared to like America and theres just not that many opportunities. I've looked over and over and all I find is technical stuff which is just not what i want to do.
But since i can't go really go uni, I have no idea how i can become what I want to become.
Any advice would be helpful.
Try finding a therapist.

Quick Reply

Latest