Rank the Sussex uni accommodation

Watch this thread
Psychidiot12
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, can someone rank the Sussex accommodation for me please. I ideally value privacy and comfort above all else, so any help is appreciated.
Psychidiot12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Bump
KirstinTM
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Idk about ranking it but I’m a Sussex student and lived in private halls first year rather than uni halls. From what I’ve heard they’re all pretty bad and a lot of my friends also chose to live off campus. There’s a lot of nice student buildings in Brighton that are available to Sussex and Brighton students. A lot of the accommodation is in the middle of campus like East Slope so there is no privacy there everyone can see you. The farthest away is Northfield about 20 min walk from campus, a bus goes there every 30 mins, but a lot of people are there so it’s private from the uni but you will be with a lot of people.
Psychidiot12
Rep:
(Original post by KirstinTM)
Idk about ranking it but I’m a Sussex student and lived in private halls first year rather than uni halls. From what I’ve heard they’re all pretty bad and a lot of my friends also chose to live off campus. There’s a lot of nice student buildings in Brighton that are available to Sussex and Brighton students. A lot of the accommodation is in the middle of campus like East Slope so there is no privacy there everyone can see you. The farthest away is Northfield about 20 min walk from campus, a bus goes there every 30 mins, but a lot of people are there so it’s private from the uni but you will be with a lot of people.
If you had to pick the best 2 or three in your opinion, and I’ll put it down. The deadline is in like 2 hours and I’ve stupidly left it until the last minute.

Similarly, I’d be prepared to live in private halls, but how would I go about doing that? Also is it a lot more expensive then halls?
KirstinTM
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Psychidiot12)
If you had to pick the best 2 or three in your opinion, and I’ll put it down. The deadline is in like 2 hours and I’ve stupidly left it until the last minute.

Similarly, I’d be prepared to live in private halls, but how would I go about doing that? Also is it a lot more expensive then halls?
It depends where you go, some are more expensive but they’re also a lot nicer. Some are around the same price as the newer Sussex accommodation. No one can really pick for you and even if we do it’s likely you won’t get your first choice as everyone picks the same few places and unless you pick somewhere massive like East Slope you might not get it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads