Job offer - careers- new job

Watch this thread
lola3322
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone.

Im a bit lost and I need some advice.

I recently accepted a job offer via email which required a DBS check. I have gone to the appointment for a DBS check but now I have received another job interview. The job which initially accepted I have been very hesitant as I feel under qualified althoguht I have told only the truth during the interview but they had two posts so I am not sure if maybe they needed someone. I have been very nervous about this job and I’m scared of failure and not being able to catch up on things. The second job interview it’s something that qlthought the work might be hard the organisation is something that I like much more as I’m used to it.

My question is I have not signed any contracts if I were to be given the other job can I decline the first job and apologise or would there be any financial implications ?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lola3322)
Hi everyone.

Im a bit lost and I need some advice.

I recently accepted a job offer via email which required a DBS check. I have gone to the appointment for a DBS check but now I have received another job interview. The job which initially accepted I have been very hesitant as I feel under qualified althoguht I have told only the truth during the interview but they had two posts so I am not sure if maybe they needed someone. I have been very nervous about this job and I’m scared of failure and not being able to catch up on things. The second job interview it’s something that qlthought the work might be hard the organisation is something that I like much more as I’m used to it.

My question is I have not signed any contracts if I were to be given the other job can I decline the first job and apologise or would there be any financial implications ?
You should be okay with just accepting whichever job you want to add just notify the other one about it with saying thanks for the offer but I decided not to accept the job now as got offered another position elsewhere.

No financial implications okay so nothing to worry about.
lola3322
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
You should be okay with just accepting whichever job you want to add just notify the other one about it with saying thanks for the offer but I decided not to accept the job now as got offered another position elsewhere.

No financial implications okay so nothing to worry about.
Thank you so much !! I’m new to all of this and when reading online about companies suing and breach of contract I just panic and overthink. I might have to stick with this job if I don’t get that offer and I do feel bad, but I don’t know weather I just accepted in desperate moments or if I’m just scared of failure and not being able to learn🥺
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much !! I’m new to all of this and when reading online about companies suing and breach of contract I just panic and overthink. I might have to stick with this job if I don’t get that offer and I do feel bad, but I don’t know weather I just accepted in desperate moments or if I’m just scared of failure and not being able to learn🥺
No worries ☺️☺️

You can stick with the job until you find something better at later date as there's no rules stating that you must stay in the one job.

If your contract states that you must stay with them for a minimum of say a year or you'll be penalised then obviously you stick it for the year then find another one. But it's not many jobs that actually have this written in the contract. Make sure you read it over and over okay.

I was in Similar position when I was applying for permanent Jobs on completion of my degree and I was given 3 offers out of five I applied for but I was given the opportunity to work on the ward I was at the time doing my placement on via a interview of course to make it legitimate and then I turned down the other 3 without any problems.
lola3322
Rep:
(Original post by Tracey_W)
No worries ☺️☺️

You can stick with the job until you find something better at later date as there's no rules stating that you must stay in the one job.

If your contract states that you must stay with them for a minimum of say a year or you'll be penalised then obviously you stick it for the year then find another one. But it's not many jobs that actually have this written in the contract. Make sure you read it over and over okay.

I was in Similar position when I was applying for permanent Jobs on completion of my degree and I was given 3 offers out of five I applied for but I was given the opportunity to work on the ward I was at the time doing my placement on via a interview of course to make it legitimate and then I turned down the other 3 without any problems.
First of all That’s amazing !! It’s really hard to get so many offers you should be proud of yourself. And again can’t say thank you enough.

Yes I will definitely read the contact, and something that I was mentioned was that I would be on a 3 maybe 6 month probation so i will have to wait and see.

Something that I have to say is that I wish at university I attended there would’ve been more in depth courses or just talks about all of this and how to handle it all. Sometimes it gets overwhelming especially when you don’t have anyone that has maybe gone through it before and in the current times that we are all going through. I know I should be grateful for the given opportunity but the confusion between gut feeling and anxiety makes it even worse and when you get a job offer and you accept it feels like, at least for me now, you’re signing you’re whole life away 😅🥹 but I esa the beauty of it is that you never know your future sometimes you just have to learn.
Tracey_W
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
First of all That’s amazing !! It’s really hard to get so many offers you should be proud of yourself. And again can’t say thank you enough.

Yes I will definitely read the contact, and something that I was mentioned was that I would be on a 3 maybe 6 month probation so i will have to wait and see.

Something that I have to say is that I wish at university I attended there would’ve been more in depth courses or just talks about all of this and how to handle it all. Sometimes it gets overwhelming especially when you don’t have anyone that has maybe gone through it before and in the current times that we are all going through. I know I should be grateful for the given opportunity but the confusion between gut feeling and anxiety makes it even worse and when you get a job offer and you accept it feels like, at least for me now, you’re signing you’re whole life away 😅🥹 but I esa the beauty of it is that you never know your future sometimes you just have to learn.
Yeah it's difficult to get as many offers for jobs but if you put in a good performance at the interviews and you have a good references and your university coursework is outstanding then it gives you a better opportunity to get the job over those who weren't as good as yourself but remember that you ain't assured any job until you are officially offered it. I am 3 years graduated and I thoroughly enjoy the job I do as a midwife and I'm proud of myself for getting the opportunity of doing such a prestigious job.

You are welcome ☺️☺️ for what I said okay. It's not a problem.

In hindsight what you could have done and what you did do is two different things now but looking back you'll think about this and what you should have done at university.
Understanding your situation not being through it before is probably made it more difficult for you to decide what to do regarding the job offer but sometimes you can be waiting for another offer from somewhere else but in meantime you still have a decision to make for the first offer on whether or not to wait until you see if you may get it and the chance's you have to sometimes take in life in order to find a decent job.

You don't sign your life away with a job as nowadays people don't stay in same job as always changing for better opportunities than previously.

Of course it's all about learning mistakes you make now so that in the future you don't do the same thing again ☺️☺️.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads