The Student Room Group

if someone said this to you, would you be insulted?

my boyfriend often says that i have the body of a "child." other guys often say similar stuff. my mother too. it's not usually supposed to be a compliment bc they also use words like starved and underdeveloped, lol

is it weird that i find their comments flattering? i ****ing hate being an adult tbh. i was even more attractive in my early teens than i am now. will i ever get over this and feel comfortable in my adult skin, and actually want to look my age? i'm already in my mids twenties so im starting to feel like it will never happen

Scroll to see replies

Let me get this right.

So your boyfriend thinks you have the body of a child. He is also sexually active with you.

You should be insulted and also concerned.
No, I'd take it as a compliment
Original post by Ciel.
my boyfriend often says that i have the body of a "child." other guys often say similar stuff. my mother too. it's not usually supposed to be a compliment bc they also use words like starved and underdeveloped, lol

is it weird that i find their comments flattering? i ****ing hate being an adult tbh. i was even more attractive in my early teens than i am now. will i ever get over this and feel comfortable in my adult skin, and actually want to look my age? i'm already in my mids twenties so im starting to feel like it will never happen

Haha i feel the same way as u a bit lol,i get told i look quite young myself im 20 but i look 16.i guess u will get used to ur adult skin but its just gonna take time
And what does he mean by body of a child?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Let me get this right.

So your boyfriend thinks you have the body of a child. He is also sexually active with you.

You should be insulted and also concerned.

well obviously not a literal child but i have a babyface so combined with my weight/height it does make me look a lot younger. why should i be concerned then?
Reply 6
Original post by black tea
No, I'd take it as a compliment

thank god im not the only one, i thought i was weird af lol
Reply 7
really? is it that weird?
Reply 8
Original post by Coldhands0
And what does he mean by body of a child?

really young looking for someone my age i guess. i still can't buy scratchcards without my id, lol
Reply 9
Original post by Coldhands0
Haha i feel the same way as u a bit lol,i get told i look quite young myself im 20 but i look 16.i guess u will get used to ur adult skin but its just gonna take time

probably when im like 40, and about die, lol
It's neither a compliment nor an insult. It's an observation. A relatively neutral observation.

In a different thread didn't you tell us your height and weight and it came to a BMI of something like 16.5?

Your boyfriend says this because he cares about you. Deep down inside he cares about you a lot.
There's a high chance he'd ideally like you to weigh more and for you to be happier inside your own skin. And at the same time he tolerates you and accepts you for who you are. At least when you're not having one of your rows.
Not sure why you're boasting about looking like a child when you complain about not feeling strong and weak to the point you struggle to walk your dog. You're worried about the wrong things.

And yes I would find that insulting because I enjoy looking like a woman with curves *** and boobs.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
It's neither a compliment nor an insult. It's an observation. A relatively neutral observation.

In a different thread didn't you tell us your height and weight and it came to a BMI of something like 16.5?

Your boyfriend says this because he cares about you. Deep down inside he cares about you a lot.
There's a high chance he'd ideally like you to weigh more and for you to be happier inside your own skin. And at the same time he tolerates you and accepts you for who you are. At least when you're not having one of your rows.

a little lower than that actually but yeah it's definitely a factor too i think

aw you really think it's because he cares? idk he could be saying it bc thats what societys standards expect not because he'd actually find me more attractive if i wasn't underweight and stuff
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Original post by xox416
Not sure why you're boasting about looking like a child when you complain about not feeling strong and weak to the point you struggle to walk your dog. You're worried about the wrong things.

And yes I would find that insulting because I enjoy looking like a woman with curves *** and boobs.

well i wouldn't have that luxury anyway, lol
btw we recently got a new non pull lead for our dog so it's easier for me to walk him. still, i don't get why it's ok to like 'curvy' bodies but not skinny bodies but ok...
Original post by Ciel.
thank god im not the only one, i thought i was weird af lol

I mean, it probably is weird... But I do like looking like a teenager and being able to fit into kids' clothes :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by black tea
I mean, it probably is weird... But I do like looking like a teenager and being able to fit into kids' clothes :redface:

me toooo, it makes me so happy.
Original post by Ciel.
a little lower than that actually but yeah it's definitely a factor too i think

aw you really think it's because he cares? idk he could be saying it bc thats what societys standards expect not because he'd actually find me more attractive if i wasn't underweight and stuff

He could be saying it because of a combination of reasons.

Social conditioning will be a part of why he thinks about it and how he thinks about. On top of that he says it because he cares about you. He has empathy. He looks at you and from time to time he imagines how he'd feel if he were you in your body. Because that's the way how empaths are.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
He could be saying it because of a combination of reasons.

Social conditioning will be a part of why he thinks about it and how he thinks about. On top of that he says it because he cares about you. He has empathy. He looks at you and from time to time he imagines how he'd feel if he were you in your body. Because that's the way how empaths are.

hmm, yeah maybe that's what it is
Original post by Ciel.
well i wouldn't have that luxury anyway, lol
btw we recently got a new non pull lead for our dog so it's easier for me to walk him. still, i don't get why it's ok to like 'curvy' bodies but not skinny bodies but ok...

People can like whatever body type they want.

There's a difference between healthy skinny and underweight skinny. All because one wants to look like a danity child. It's the disordered thinking that people have a problem with.
Reply 19
Original post by xox416
People can like whatever body type they want.

There's a difference between healthy skinny and underweight skinny. All because one wants to look like a danity child. It's the disordered thinking that people have a problem with.

some people are just naturally underweight

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending