Applying Chemistry at Oxford 2023 - no A* in chemistry

Watch this thread
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently took mock exams and got my predicted grades back. I achieved an A* in Maths, Further Maths and History but only an A in Chemistry.

I want to apply to Oxford for Chemistry and because I have an A* in Maths and Further Maths I still meet the entry requirements but I was wondering if not having the A* in chem would seriously affect my application?
bea_murray0
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 729781)
I recently took mock exams and got my predicted grades back. I achieved an A* in Maths, Further Maths and History but only an A in Chemistry.

I want to apply to Oxford for Chemistry and because I have an A* in Maths and Further Maths I still meet the entry requirements but I was wondering if not having the A* in chem would seriously affect my application?
Oxford don't require the A*s to be in chemistry, so you meet the requirements with A*s in maths and further maths, therefore you shouldn't be disadvantaged. Check their website for more info and you can always email them if you're not sure about anything.
dianafrom
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 729781)

Hi!

You already have the needed predicted grades so this should not be an issue. Also depending on the college, if your interview goes well, they will still give offers to people that are close to meeting their conditional offer, but did not quite make it (that was the case for me). So you should not worry about this, good luck with your application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (5)
33.33%
They're exactly what I expected (4)
26.67%