The Student Room Group

How much maths is in A Level Business Studies?

I trialled this as a lesson except the entire lesson seemed to only be maths. I like the idea of doing business as it mildly crosses over with geography which I also love, I’m restarting with college so I can get better grades and make the right choices. Maths isn’t my favourite thing but a little I can tolerate as we have small amounts of maths in Geography.

Is A Level Business Studies heavy on maths? or is it little maths and lots of actual content? I would prefer more content to the maths.
Reply 1
Original post by greentiger
I trialled this as a lesson except the entire lesson seemed to only be maths. I like the idea of doing business as it mildly crosses over with geography which I also love, I’m restarting with college so I can get better grades and make the right choices. Maths isn’t my favourite thing but a little I can tolerate as we have small amounts of maths in Geography.

Is A Level Business Studies heavy on maths? or is it little maths and lots of actual content? I would prefer more content to the maths.

Hi there, I am doing Business A-levels. It is not heavy on maths, but it is on accounting concepts!! Also not my favourite and it is very heavy on "business" theories. However, I have heard the syllabus has changed, I am the last batch of doing P3 examinations. I do believe if you like learning theory and applying it would be a good course to take up.. but it is really heavy so you are warned HAHA.

Quick Reply

Latest