The Student Room Group

Mobile Speed Camera

This poll is closed

Mobile Speed Camera

Yes, Fine100%
Maybe, Escape (No fine)0%
Total votes: 1
Anyone got idea if you fine driving 32 in 30 mph, I mean I know normal Cameras has 10% rules as I drove 31, however, it's my first time in Mobile speed Camera where I drove 32 mph.
Would I still get Speeding ticket? I was driving in Burnley, Lancashire. (1st time in life it happens to me), Even if I get it, I would have to do the Speed Awareness Course. But I'm hoping I escape this time and I don't get any speeding.
(edited 1 year ago)
What makes you say that you were driving at 32mph? If you're relying on your speedometer for that number then you weren't doing 32mph.

Your car doesn't really know your speed. It estimates it by counting how many times your wheels go around and multiplying that by the circumference of your tyre. This can be impacted by a variety of things, including tyre pressure. As a result, the estimate is typically going to be wrong.

As car manufacturers are legally required to ensure that speedometers never underestimate your speed, they always built-in a small tolerance to the calculation and end up overestimating slightly most of the time.

So if your speedometer claims that you were doing 32mph, you were doing no more than 30mph in reality.

Quick Reply

Latest