Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine is wondering on what courses she should choose to help her in the future to get a career as a nurse

ReputationRep:
    well my friends doing Nursing ebcause she wants to be well.. a nurse lol
    plus if you do that degree - you dont pay for the tuition fees!

ReputationRep:
    right, but what kind of courses will be best for her to study. example - health and social.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atman7)
    right, but what kind of courses will be best for he to study. example - health and social.
    I would think Sciences e.g. Biology & Chemistry would be useful. Not sure how essential they are for nursing though.

ReputationRep:
    well shes doing a diploma in health and social at the moment at school. so would it be better for her to carry on with health and social at college and also do biology and sociology?

ReputationRep:
    Biology, English and Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Biology, English and Psychology.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Biology would be good.
    Tell her to have a look at university websites and see if they have any particular requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Does she know what branch she's going into? If it's child, she's probably better off doing a child care qualification.

ReputationRep:
    i wana be a nurse and took psychology, health and social care, ict and statistics.. i think i took the wrong subjects as you would be better with a science course.. but i also think it depends on the amount of UCAS points you receive.

ReputationRep:
    She'll do much better taking what she enjoys with maybe Health and Social or Biology, than pick ones she thinks'll get her into a good uni.
    Check out UCAS, and see the entry requirements for some institutions and go from there =)

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.