The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

No decision 4 weeks after my interview

Is it normal to not have any answer 4 weeks after my interview? Should I contact them as we are now in July?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it normal to not have any answer 4 weeks after my interview? Should I contact them as we are now in July?

I dont think there's any harm in dropping them a polite e-mail.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
This is for a postgraduate course, presumably? Did they give you any guidelines as to when you might hear back? (I ask as undergraduates can wait months to hear whether an application via UCAS will result in an offer, so in that context 4 weeks isn't too bad.)

If you opt to contact them, I'd word it not so much as, "Have you made a decision yet?", but more a "I realise you will have many applications, which you will want to study carefully. Do you have any guidelines, based upon past experience, as to how long that process typically takes?"

The latter is essentially asking the same question, but is less confrontational than the former.
Original post by DataVenia
This is for a postgraduate course, presumably? Did they give you any guidelines as to when you might hear back? (I ask as undergraduates can wait months to hear whether an application via UCAS will result in an offer, so in that context 4 weeks isn't too bad.)

If you opt to contact them, I'd word it not so much as, "Have you made a decision yet?", but more a "I realise you will have many applications, which you will want to study carefully. Do you have any guidelines, based upon past experience, as to how long that process typically takes?"

The latter is essentially asking the same question, but is less confrontational than the former.

Yes exactly, it is for a postgraduate course. I will send them an email based on your recommendation, thanks a lot.
It is been 7 weeks since my application was sent so I'm still in the timeline of 6-8 weeks for a decision to come. However, as we are in July, I was hoping to get a decision sooner.
It is been 7 weeks since my application was sent so I'm still in the timeline of 6-8 weeks for a decision to come.

If you've already been told "6-8 weeks", and it's only been 7 weeks, I'd hold off for a week before contacting them.

Also, you'll have to change the wording I proposed, given that they've clearly already given you estimated timings, which your original post implied was lacking.
Original post by DataVenia
If you've already been told "6-8 weeks", and it's only been 7 weeks, I'd hold off for a week before contacting them.

Also, you'll have to change the wording I proposed, given that they've clearly already given you estimated timings, which your original post implied was lacking.

Thanks again for your answer! I will wait one more week before contacting them and if I have to do it I will change the wording
been 2 weeks since you posted this, did you receive any mail or confirmation?

Quick Reply