Do employers care/remember if you reapply for the same job?

Watch this thread
Other_Owl
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied in Jan bombed the screening interview in Feb and reapplied today.
mallowtopia
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Some do.
Depends on the industry and staff size.
The smaller the company and the lower staff turnover the more likely they are to remember.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mallowtopia)
Some do.
Depends on the industry and staff size.
The smaller the company and the lower staff turnover the more likely they are to remember.
I agree.
If its a bigger company, and you apply to a different store, then you are less likely to be remembered. Also the earlier on in the application process that you failed last time, the less likely they are to remember you.
Some companies have policies where you cant reapply for a set period of time after being rejected, so just be aware, but it will usually say somewhere on the application if that is the case.
othello03
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Other_Owl)
I applied in Jan bombed the screening interview in Feb and reapplied today.
you've got absolutely nothing to lose, but yes you can. I've gotten jobs/interviews after previously being rejected.
Last edited by othello03; 1 month ago
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s a possibility you’ll be personally remembered, especially if the company is small. From the admin side it depends, I know a lot of companies wipe the CV records of unsuccessful candidates after 6 months to a year.
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.47%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.9%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.42%

Watched Threads