Does Applying for a Master change chances of getting an offer?

Watch this thread
AnotherStudent!
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically what it says in the title. If I apply for a Master's, am I at an advantage/disadvantage compared to those who are applying to a Bachelor's?

Additionally, if I were to apply to a Master's and changed my mind, would I be able to back out of it, or am I fully committed once I apply?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Are you talking about undergraduate masters courses?
If so then it doesn’t change your chances of an offer.
You’re not committed to paying fees until you enrol onto the course
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tip - check the entry requirements for the B and M degrees at each Uni.

If they are the same, it suggests that there is a common first year of teaching across that subject, and that 'pathways' only come into play in the 2nd or even 3rd year. This usually means you can switch pathways once you have started the degree. It also probably means that all applications are considered together and there is no difference in the way they are processed. Its usually not worth applying to both M and B degrees in the same subject at the same Uni for this reason - you just end uo with two identical offers for the same course.

Its still worth checking with each Uni to see what they advise - ie. should you pply for th M degree with the the option to 'drop down' to the B degree early on in the degree, or do they offer the B degree to those who they cant accept for the M degree, etc etc. Ask what their policy is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (140)
40.35%
They're exactly what I expected (86)
24.78%