Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for the boys and girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    Compared with others I am rather large in all aspects - I am about 6 ft 7 inches and only 16 years old and fingers crossed I have stopped growing. Do not get me wrong I am in good physique, just really big.

This leads me to the question for the boys - is height a good or bad thing?

And for the girls - would you be more or less attracted to a guy who is a bit larger?
    ---
    For the record I am not complaining about my size just curious about other peoples' perceptions and views about it.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Well, Im really short so 6ft 7 is just tooo tall for me, around 6ft ish I can cope with. But Id hardly turn someone down just because of their height.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    im 6ft 4/5, and my gf has no problem with it, but she herself is a bit taller than her friends...

ReputationRep:
    Being 5'1 I like tall guys

ReputationRep:
    The most important thing is that you are a lovely person.

Looks only matter to shallow people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grant20)
    Compared with others I am rather large in all aspects - I am about 6 ft 7 inches and only 16 years old and fingers crossed I have stopped growing. Do not get me wrong I am in good physique, just really big.

This leads me to the question for the boys - is height a good or bad thing?

And for the girls - would you be more or less attracted to a guy who is a bit larger?
    ---
    For the record I am not complaining about my size just curious about other peoples' perceptions and views about it.
    Thank you
    Haha I can't believe I'm saying this to a 16-year-old but you sound like my ideal man. And my best friend and I would be scratching each other's eyes out over you - were you ten years older! Height is one of our prerequisites in men, us both being 5'11. 6'4 is the best I've had to date, but now I know that 6'7s are out there, my requirements just (ahem) heightened a bit. Also, to be big in all areas is manly and therefore good: a) skinny men are a turn-off, and also b) self-conscious men are, too.

How you doin'?

Lilith stop being disgusting it is kinda almost biologically possible that you could be his mother.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    the taller the better! i have a height fetish

ReputationRep:
    Personally, anything over 6' is too tall - I'm 5'2" and find tall men to be a) hard on the neck when permanently looking up at them, and b) uncomfortable to hug - either getting their belt buckle or hip bones. Not comfy at all.

Of course, in reality, we can't help who we fall in love with, but if we're talking first impressions, it would have some bearing on his overall attractiveness tbh.

ReputationRep:
    im 5'5" i love taller guys

ReputationRep:
    I love tall guys!

I'm 5'4" and the tallest i've been with is 6'4"

ReputationRep:
    Tall guys are good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    Tall guys are good.
    at what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    at what exactly?
    Being the first to know when it's raining?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    Being the first to know when it's raining?
    and you like that in a guy?

ReputationRep:
    and you like that in a guy?
    Yes, biggest turn on ever.

I'm 5 foot 9 so I like tall guys

Anything over 6 foot 1ish is good. And bigger guys are manlier, and it feels like they're more inclined to look after you, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    I like a few inches taller than me... that way I don't end up with a sore neck (e.g., and ex who was 6'4" and it was impossible for me to kiss him if he didn't put his head down/I didn't stand on something :p:) but it still leaves him nice and tall when he cuddles up to me/kisses.

ReputationRep:
    i love tall guys
    i only date guys taller than me

ReputationRep:
    I know it has nothing to do with relationship, but tall people are more likely to get a better pay than small people. Taller person have an image of leader in firms... So better pay and better job (according to a few studies).

ReputationRep:
    I went out with a guy who was 6'8 - it's one of the few times I've ever felt petite! I used to have to stand on his steel toe capped boots to kiss him :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.