The Student Room Group

what age do you want to be a parent?

if you're already a parent, how old were you with ur first child? if you're not a parent, how old would u like to be?

Scroll to see replies

Probably don't want to be a parent tbh
Never.
I don't like babies.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Probably don't want to be a parent tbh

aw, all peaceful then:smile:

Original post by mallowtopia
Never.
I don't like babies.

because of the stress?
How old would I like to be? 25.
How old will I actually be? N/A - probably won't end up having a child :lol:
Original post by gracieee16
if you're already a parent, how old were you with ur first child? if you're not a parent, how old would u like to be?

I wanted to be about 26/27 when I have my first kid. That won’t happen now because I’m already 25 and single. God knows if and when I have kids or get married now
because of the stress?

Partly.
There's nothing about babies that I like.
Original post by sufys
How old would I like to be? 25.
How old will I actually be? N/A - probably won't end up having a child :lol:

oh, okay:smile:. well, being child-free means more freedom and less stress so not a bad choice.
Original post by Anonymous
I wanted to be about 26/27 when I have my first kid. That won’t happen now because I’m already 25 and single. God knows if and when I have kids or get married now

oh, well, u never know... you could well end up having a baby sooner than expected. even if it's 28-30, they're still young ages.
Original post by mallowtopia
Partly.
There's nothing about babies that I like.

yep, i totally get you. with the crying, nappy changing, burping etc... not pleasant aha!
oh, okay:smile:. well, being child-free means more freedom and less stress so not a bad choice.

Hmm, one would receive a lot of stress due to parental pressure in many cases.
oh, well, u never know... you could well end up having a baby sooner than expected. even if it's 28-30, they're still young ages.

I’m really hoping to have my first child before 30. Which means I better hurry up and get out more before time passes. I only want two or three kids, although if ww3 becomes a thing, I’m definitely not bringing kids into the world
Original post by sufys
Hmm, one would receive a lot of stress due to parental pressure in many cases.

that is true as well
I've always like that idea of having kids in my mid 20s, but given that I am now 23, I have realised how wrong I am lol

I want to sort out my career first, travel and have fun. I think late 20s would probably be ideal for me, or at least until i'm in a good place physically, mentally and financially.
Early 30s.
105959595959599559599510^{59595959595995595995} i.e. long after I'm dead/never.
I was 21 when I had my first child
Probably 28 or so. 26 now, married, and both want to have children in the next couple of years :smile:

We're prioritising experiences and travel at the moment. Obviously life doesn't stop when you have children but it's harder to travel and do things more freely.
(edited 1 year ago)
Assuming I have kids, I don't really have a plan/set age for these things. whenever I'm ready ig. I'm 17 (basically 18, next month!) atm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending