Scared of failing as results day approaches

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I'm in my final year and I'm pretty sure I failed hard at one of the modules, I talked to two of my friends and they also thought they failed, so I thought this was just a hard exam and had hopes for scaling. However, last week we got an email saying that the average mark for exam was 60, so I'm sure me and my friends were the only ones failing. We can fail two modules without resits, but I had two other hard exams which I probably just barely passed. I was confident that I passed after I finished, but as days go by I start to get more and more anxious that I failed all three modules and that I won't be able to apply to postgrad (I didn't apply this year). Results day is soon and I guess there's no point worrying now, but this week I really can't eat or sleep, and even when I'm doing my part-time job I feel awful and unmotivated because of this...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys, I'm in my final year and I'm pretty sure I failed hard at one of the modules, I talked to two of my friends and they also thought they failed, so I thought this was just a hard exam and had hopes for scaling. However, last week we got an email saying that the average mark for exam was 60, so I'm sure me and my friends were the only ones failing. We can fail two modules without resits, but I had two other hard exams which I probably just barely passed. I was confident that I passed after I finished, but as days go by I start to get more and more anxious that I failed all three modules and that I won't be able to apply to postgrad (I didn't apply this year). Results day is soon and I guess there's no point worrying now, but this week I really can't eat or sleep, and even when I'm doing my part-time job I feel awful and unmotivated because of this...
Uni exams?
Anonymous #1
Uni exams?
Yup
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Hope that your thoughts and feelings are wrong and you succeed. Stop being nervous, you have nothing to do only wait your results. You will definitely do it, succeed and achieve your dreams and goals
Anonymous #1
Hope that your thoughts and feelings are wrong and you succeed. Stop being nervous, you have nothing to do only wait your results. You will definitely do it, succeed and achieve your dreams and goals
Thank you!
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Don't think about it now.

If it has gone wrong a bit well it is a temporary blip - you still have the rest of your life ahead and won't let it stop you following your dreams.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cote1)
Don't think about it now.

If it has gone wrong a bit well it is a temporary blip - you still have the rest of your life ahead and won't let it stop you following your dreams.
Thank you, but life seems so long to me and I'm scared that I will never have any luck:/
Cote1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, but life seems so long to me and I'm scared that I will never have any luck:/
You can make your own luck.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cote1)
You can make your own luck.
I don't believe in myself:/
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don't believe in myself:/
Time to build some self-belief and stop worrying.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cote1)
Time to build some self-belief and stop worrying.
I try, but it just seems that I will always mess something up
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I try, but it just seems that I will always mess something up
Everyone messes up. I mess up regularly.
My old boss said to me once...
'The man who never made mistakes never made anything'.

I messed up first time at university then went back later on.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cote1)
Everyone messes up. I mess up regularly.
My old boss said to me once...
'The man who never made mistakes never made anything'.

I messed up first time at university then went back later on.
Well done! That really takes courage. I hope I can have the same spirit then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads