Anxious about GCSE results

Watch this thread
jl_106
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m terrified about my GCSE results because I don’t know what I’ll do if I fail. For the A levels I want to take I need a 66 in combined science and a 6 in maths. In my last mocks I got a 66 in combined science and a 5 in maths. I THINK I did better in my actual GCSEs than my mocks but I’m not sure. The anxiety of waiting for my results is killing me though.

I don’t know what I’ll do if I fail. I want to take 2 science subjects, if I don’t get the grades I could do Btec applied science instead but I don’t think I would enjoy it as much. I’m not sure if I can get into uni with btec and even if I can Im sure it will make it much harder. I really don’t want to fail. I’ll be so disappointed in myself I won’t know how to handle it.

GCSE results day is on my birthday aswell, just to make things worse. I’m meant to be going out with my family all day, but if I don’t get the grades I need, I’ll be miserable all day and I won’t enjoy it. It will completely ruin it for me.

I was so distracted when I was meant to be revising. I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for not doing more. Could have saved myself a lot of stress.

Anyone else feeling this way? It’d be nice to know I’m not alone. I know Im probably just overthinking but I can’t get it off my mind.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Here are 2 scenario's and you have just been told:

"You have just won 1 million £ " - How do you feel?

"You have just lost 1 million £ " - How do you feel?

You are in charge of controlling your mindset according to the information you are given - and if you allow yourself to stress going forward in this way it will be a tough life going forward. You can wind yourself into the ground unnecessarily through your own choice. Why would you be miserable even though you have in your words 'failed'? Often in life more doors open because of failure than absolutely believing everything is an all or nothing outcome. You have your family, your health and the ability to do what ever you want to do, and many people right now would give their right arm to even have just a fraction of that. I know my words may seem harsh, and if you didn't get the grades you want I too would share your disappointment; but please try and get some perspective on the 'end of life' disappointment approach.

Make two plans in the time you are waiting:

Plan A - Everything goes forward according to the results you have wished for - plan where you want to be

Plan B - Know who you are going to contact or what your options are in the event you don't get the results you would have wished for and you can immediately get to work on second choices.

Either way use your time productively. Once you have done everything you can practically and everything else is out of your control stop stressing over it and do something good, something productive and something that would help someone else. Nothing will change either way no matter how much you berate yourself and the only person you are harming is you and those family and friends closest to you.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jl_106)
I’m terrified about my GCSE results because I don’t know what I’ll do if I fail. For the A levels I want to take I need a 66 in combined science and a 6 in maths. In my last mocks I got a 66 in combined science and a 5 in maths. I THINK I did better in my actual GCSEs than my mocks but I’m not sure. The anxiety of waiting for my results is killing me though.

I don’t know what I’ll do if I fail. I want to take 2 science subjects, if I don’t get the grades I could do Btec applied science instead but I don’t think I would enjoy it as much. I’m not sure if I can get into uni with btec and even if I can Im sure it will make it much harder. I really don’t want to fail. I’ll be so disappointed in myself I won’t know how to handle it.

GCSE results day is on my birthday aswell, just to make things worse. I’m meant to be going out with my family all day, but if I don’t get the grades I need, I’ll be miserable all day and I won’t enjoy it. It will completely ruin it for me.

I was so distracted when I was meant to be revising. I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for not doing more. Could have saved myself a lot of stress.

Anyone else feeling this way? It’d be nice to know I’m not alone. I know Im probably just overthinking but I can’t get it off my mind.
Look you have just finished your exams,,a hugely stressful time,but now you need to give yourself a break.Worrying will change nothing as you know really.I agree with the above poster make 2 plans and then relax and enjoy your rest before next year starts.Re your birthday maybe you could reschedule to the weekend to take the pressure off that event.I am sure it will all be fine but be firm with yourself and say you are not going to think about results until 2 days before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (15)
17.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (21)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (44)
52.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
4.76%

Watched Threads