Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    Umm...Why would she lie? And calling NHS Direct would be wise.
    I dont know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She says she is fine i called nhs direct and she told me to hang up. Then she starts to cry again
    well then just go to your room to call, you could have a look at nhs.uk aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Ring NHS direct. Do not wait until tomorrow before you do anything. 0845 4647.

Now stop asking for help on an internet forum already! but dont forget to report back.

(Original post by torX)
    Ditto except she wasn't so lucky. Which is why OP I wouldn't just wait and see, especially if this is completely unusual for her.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she has taken a paracetamol or panadol dnt knw 1 of the 2
    Paracetamol and panadol are exactly the same thing lol. (Panadol is a brand name). Did it help at all?

(Original post by Webbykinskt)
    no need to get defensive... just trying to help... you need to stay calm if you're worried. if it is only a headache she should just go to the doctors tomorrow.
    Sorry just worried

ReputationRep:
    Phone NHS direct. If you're really very worried, get a taxi to A&E and get it checked out.

ReputationRep:
    Call back, 0845 46 47.
    The nurse will speak to her - if they decide an ambulance is needed, NHS Direct can send one out.

ReputationRep:
    Well if she's been like this all day then why suddenly decide on an ambulance? I'd say ring NHS direct, or maybe even your out-of-hours GP?

ReputationRep:
    She says she is fine i called nhs direct and she told me to hang up. Then she starts to cry again
    silly! should of done it with out her knowing if she's the type to not want fuss!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, ring NHS Direct.

look at this http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/help/bod...A%3d%3d#pos918
    i answered a question and nhs direct said call 99 ambulance because they said is it a really bad headache that came on and i said yes and they said call 999

(Original post by belis)
    Paracetamol and panadol are exactly the same thing lol. (Panadol is a brand name). Did it help at all?
    No it did not. What is a and E?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    A&E is accident and emergency

ReputationRep:
    No it did not. What is a and E?
    AE=Accident and Emergency. With a headache you are looking at 4 hours wait but she will get checked out and given some stronger pain relief. Out of hours GP or walk in centre would be an even better option. Is she registred with GP? If you call your surgery there should be a prerecorded massage about out of hours service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    no, ask for help on an internet forum
    There's always at least one idiot like you making sarcastic remarks.

OP, I think you should ring NHS direct. If that doesn't help, then I suggest the walk-in centre.
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    This must be quite distressing for you. I think that as other people have said your best option is to step into another room and call NHS direct and tell them exactly what is going on. They will be able to tell you what the best thing to do is. Is there anyone else you can contact? Maybe an older relative or family friend because it would probably be good for you to have some support right now and they will also be useful if your mum doesn't want to go to hospital.

(Original post by belis)
    AE=Accident and Emergency. With a headache you are looking at 4 hours wait but she will get checked out and given some stronger pain relief. Out of hours GP or walk in centre would be an even better option. Is she registred with GP? If you call your surgery there should be a prerecorded massage about out of hours service.
    OK

ReputationRep:
    oh hai

(Original post by randdom)
    This must be quite distressing for you. I think that as other people have said your best option is to step into another room and call NHS direct and tell them exactly what is going on. They will be able to tell you what the best thing to do is. Is there anyone else you can contact? Maybe an older relative or family friend because it would probably be good for you to have some support right now and they will also be useful if your mum doesn't want to go to hospital.
    What if it is something normal though?
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    What if it is something normal though?
    NHS direct will ask you a series of questions to establish if it is likely to be serious. In the long run it is better that you go and be sure rather than stay at home and miss something serious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.