No resit policy uni's

Watch this thread
roundaboutblu
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I would like to know which universities have a strict no gcse policy resit.

I am going to study an Access course in September and bump my maths GCSE to a B from a C, because some universities require it.

QMUL just told me they have a strict no resit gcse policy. It doesn't make sense for mature students who study later on in their life.
Last edited by roundaboutblu; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roundaboutblu)
Hello, I would like to know which universities have a strict no gcse policy resit.

I am going to study an Access course in September and bump my maths GCSE to a B from a C, because some universities require it.

QMUL just told me they have a strict no resit gcse policy. It doesn't make sense for mature students who study later on in their life.
I am not aware of anywhere. Maybe others on here might have come across it. Often with mature students GCSE requirements are ignored. McGinger PQ Admit-One Do any of you know any.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roundaboutblu)

QMUL certainly don't mention it in the GCSE section here:

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/

I would ask for written clarification of the policy, where it is stated publicly, and whether it applies to mature applicants.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I am not aware of anywhere. Maybe others on here might have come across it. Often with mature students GCSE requirements are ignored. McGinger PQ Admit-One Do any of you know any.
I’m not aware of any, especially for mature students. I agree with ageshallnot, probably worth getting something in writing as it sounds a bit weird.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They don't carre - so stop worrying.
Many people rersit GCSEs to get a higher grade and you dont get penalised for doing this.

If you need to resit any GCSE to get a higher grade - just list your original GCSE grades, and alongside you A levels etc also list the GCSE retake,
Any offer you get would include the required GCSE grade as an extra condition.

(And email QMUL and check this 'policy' - it doesnt sound 'right' to me - https://www.qmul.ac.uk/contact/undergraduate-enquiries/)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads