Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who is taking part?

ReputationRep:
    not me but it sounds interesting. whats it all about, can anyone join (i.e. alevel students)

ReputationRep:
    Started today, so I think you're too late now.

Its currency trading, and I think only Uni students could join.

ReputationRep:
    oh right - well hope you win lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20% up but then I'm pretty much just looking at the pairs and gambling so I'm sure it will go soon.

ReputationRep:
    20% is good though ^

ReputationRep:
    Anyone owns a Bloomberg Professional account on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown_Bateman)
    What time do the currency markets close?
    Currencies are OTC.

(+ add some insult here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    not me but it sounds interesting. whats it all about, can anyone join (i.e. alevel students)
    have a go at the IFS student investor challenge. that is for A-level students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown_Bateman)
    i thought so too but after looking at a couple of graphs on previous currency trends, i noticed certain times when one of them stayed constant and thought maybe this was a time period when the market was closed. Was a bit of a silly question though i guess :yep:
    market closes in the weekend

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. I was sent 2 account number with 2 password for the same e-mail account and username :confused:. Which one should I use?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a part of this too, really enjoying it =)

ReputationRep:
    +7% or so. I watched a couple of videos on fibonacci retracements but it's all very hit and miss since I don't really have much of an idea what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't the level of volatility your returns are experiencing sort of suggest that you *cough* may just be guessing and getting lucky/unlucky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    Doesn't the level of volatility your returns are experiencing sort of suggest that you *cough* may just be guessing and getting lucky/unlucky?
    Hmm. Don't know about you, but I'd rather be a lucky trader, than a good trader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    Hmm. Don't know about you, but I'd rather be a lucky trader, than a good trader.
    Surely you mean a lucky trader than a bad trader :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh congrats, ended up with $58k having punted the rest on the trend and it doomswitched downhill before I got home. Enjoy the day out as the other Warwickian that actually decided to play... fancied my chances!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow I thought it finished today. lol, wouldn't have done that last chance shot if I knew that. oops. still, stranger things have happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    I'd rather be an investor or whatever the term for someone who is allowed to make losses in the short term is called

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenage Pirate)
    I'd rather be an investor or whatever the term for someone who is allowed to make losses in the short term is called
    Whatever the term is, it in now defunct.

And if what I'm talking about happens, I won't make any short term loses, or long term either, for that matter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.