Doctoral loan – Pre-settled status – Residency

Watch this thread
ChrisLimnios
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I am an EU citizen having a pre-settled status in the UK and I wish to apply for a doctoral loan. I had been living in the EU since birth and I have been living in England for two years before the start of my course. I have a pre-settled status and already been classified as a Home student for fee purposes by my University.
So, I would like to ask if I am eligible for a doctoral loan, having a pre-settled status and more than three years residency in the EU, but not 3 years residency in the UK.

Lastly, I would like to ask if a student would be ineligible for a doctoral loan in case he also secures scholarship-studentship funding from his University.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChrisLimnios)
Hello,

I am an EU citizen having a pre-settled status in the UK and I wish to apply for a doctoral loan. I had been living in the EU since birth and I have been living in England for two years before the start of my course. I have a pre-settled status and already been classified as a Home student for fee purposes by my University.
So, I would like to ask if I am eligible for a doctoral loan, having a pre-settled status and more than three years residency in the EU, but not 3 years residency in the UK.

Lastly, I would like to ask if a student would be ineligible for a doctoral loan in case he also secures scholarship-studentship funding from his University.

Thank you in advance,

Chris
Hello Chris,

In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which university and course you are looking to commence your studies with
2. How old are you
3. Your current status and residency within the UK
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold

Depending on the scholarship, you may not be eligible for funding.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads