i’m sick of cleaning after my dad and brother, advice needed

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my mum has gone away for a few months and i’ve constantly been cleaning after my dad and brother ever since. cleaning their dishes, clothes, trash etc. they don’t even have the decency to bring their plates to the kitchen or throw their trash in the bin. they are constantly cooking stuff but never clean up after themselves and the kitchen looks like a disaster. i have told them to clean or wash the dishes but it’s always “yea” and they never do.

i know the obvious answer is to just don’t do it. but i absolutely hate living in filth so i give in. i love cooking so i need to clean the kitchen and wash up everything so i can actually use the utensils. i once went a few days without washing up or doing anything and told them to do it themselves. instead of washing up they would just use other pans and stuff and in the end there was like 10 dirty massive pans i had to wash. they also used all the “special” dishes and utensils which were meant for guests like tf.

i don’t know how my mum did all of this and it’s made me so much more grateful for her. does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? idk what to do or say anymore.
Sohello
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my mum has gone away for a few months and i’ve constantly been cleaning after my dad and brother ever since. cleaning their dishes, clothes, trash etc. they don’t even have the decency to bring their plates to the kitchen or throw their trash in the bin. they are constantly cooking stuff but never clean up after themselves and the kitchen looks like a disaster. i have told them to clean or wash the dishes but it’s always “yea” and they never do.

i know the obvious answer is to just don’t do it. but i absolutely hate living in filth so i give in. i love cooking so i need to clean the kitchen and wash up everything so i can actually use the utensils. i once went a few days without washing up or doing anything and told them to do it themselves. instead of washing up they would just use other pans and stuff and in the end there was like 10 dirty massive pans i had to wash. they also used all the “special” dishes and utensils which were meant for guests like tf.

i don’t know how my mum did all of this and it’s made me so much more grateful for her. does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? idk what to do or say anymore.
Thats honestly awful and idk bc theyre clearly not listening to you and don’t care if everything is filthy, and you can’t just wait for them to run out of option and have to clean bc you’re also living with them and need to use the stuff. I hope somebody else can help you on here but I just hope it get’s better and im sorry this is happening to you, it must be frustrating
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
These type of habits rarely change unless there is a sharp shock and a drastic shift in circumstances force it.
The latter often relating to a mouse or rat infestation.

Remove all the special plates & kitchen utensils normally intended for guests use.
Take them somewhere outside the main house where they can be stored safely and your father won't be able to find them before a meal time.
Then replace all china plates and bowls with disposable paper plates and plastic cutlery.
Leaving a large bin where your father and brother can throw everything away without washing as soon as they have finished eating.

Can you contact your mother to let her know how messy, lazy and unhygenic your father and brother are being?
She may have some helpful advice or be willing to share her most effective ways of encouraging them to tidy up after themselves.
Maybe take some photos of the kitchen after they have used it and all their filthy plates left on the dining table or a bedroom after they have eaten.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (118)
40.41%
They're exactly what I expected (70)
23.97%