The Student Room Group

Which oxford college for international law student

Hii, I am applying to Oxford for Law and I am fairly confused about the college system and which is best. Since I am an international student from South Asia, I would prefer to be somewhere with 3 years of accomodation (so i dont have to worry each year) good amount of law tutors and good percentage of internal students so i don't feel out of place? Given that this is a lot of criteria, if you have been at oxford or know anything about please let me know what colleges would satisfy /most/ of these requirements! It would help a lot!
Also I should mention I am a mature student about to finish my undergraduate degree.
(edited 1 year ago)
The number of law tutors in a given college won't make a difference for your teaching - you may well have tutorials at other colleges. All of them are equal academically so just disregard anything about academics when it comes to college choice.

For the guaranteed accommodation vs number of international students, these are better things to think about - you can take a look at the OUSU college suggester tool here: https://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/ which may be able to help given you an idea of which to start looking into for the accommodation side of things. Not sure where you'd find information about international students though?

Note that if you're a mature student you may want to especially consider Harris Manchester College if they offer your course, which is Oxford's only undergraduate mature student college, where all the other students will also be mature students :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
The number of law tutors in a given college won't make a difference for your teaching - you may well have tutorials at other colleges. All of them are equal academically so just disregard anything about academics when it comes to college choice.

For the guaranteed accommodation vs number of international students, these are better things to think about - you can take a look at the OUSU college suggester tool here: https://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/ which may be able to help given you an idea of which to start looking into for the accommodation side of things. Not sure where you'd find information about international students though?

Note that if you're a mature student you may want to especially consider Harris Manchester College if they offer your course, which is Oxford's only undergraduate mature student college, where all the other students will also be mature students :smile:

Thank you so much for that website! It'll help out so much ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest