Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering why Newport hasn't got a listing at the top. It is probably the grestest university in the World!

ReputationRep:
    Aber is my complete backup for obvious reasons (it's in Wales). Why should Newport, a uni I've never heard of, be at the top of this sublisting, whatever it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vidachick)
    Aber is my complete backup for obvious reasons (it's in Wales). Why should Newport, a uni I've never heard of, be at the top of this sublisting, whatever it is?
    It's not top of any sublisting. Now stop trolling here and go elsewhere

The reason why Newport doesn't have a forum is because there isn't enough demand, really. There are many universities that don't have their own forums (usually, but certainly not restricted to, the post-1992 unis). If there's only one Newport thread a fortnight it's a bit pointless having a subforum.

ReputationRep:
    thats completely reasonable i was just asking

ReputationRep:
    Newport's not a real uni - it's a poly.

ReputationRep:
    Orginally Cardiff was the only University with its own subforum. In 2005, I gathered a list of 10 members who said they would be contributed regularly to a Bangor subforum. This is was submitted in AAM who reviewed our case an awarded the Subforum. Aber was awarded one at the same time.

If you want Newport to get its own subforum - prove you need one by getting people at Newport to use this fourm.

ReputationRep:
    Ah what a shame, I'm going to Newport Uni this September, would have been great to have a forum for Newport

ReputationRep:
    coz newport succs babe

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.