Childcare grant In the Summer

Watch this thread
Emmanicole94
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying a 2 year counselling course and have just finished my first year and will begin my final year in September. I was told 6-8 weeks ago by SFE I would continue receiving childcare grant throughout the summer holidays this year. However this has stopped, having just contacted SFE they have told me I’m not entitled to it over this summer because I will starting my final year in September. Is this right? If so, Why? As it means I will be unable to keep my sons place with his childminder.
UCLan Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emmanicole94)
I am currently studying a 2 year counselling course and have just finished my first year and will begin my final year in September. I was told 6-8 weeks ago by SFE I would continue receiving childcare grant throughout the summer holidays this year. However this has stopped, having just contacted SFE they have told me I’m not entitled to it over this summer because I will starting my final year in September. Is this right? If so, Why? As it means I will be unable to keep my sons place with his childminder.
Hi Emmanicole94,

I would get back in contact with them. I continued to receive mine throughout the summer between my 2nd and 3rd year at university. It only stopped this Summer because I had finished. It shouldn't stop before then as you're still a student.

Definitely contact them again and perhaps get a second opinion.

Best of luck,

Chelsea
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emmanicole94)I am currently studying a 2 year counselling course and have just finished my first year and will begin my final year in September. I was told 6-8 weeks ago by SFE I would continue receiving childcare grant throughout the summer holidays this year. However this has stopped, having just contacted SFE they have told me I’m not entitled to it over this summer because I will starting my final year in September. Is this right? If so, Why? As it means I will be unable to keep my sons place with his childminder.

Hello,

If you're in year 1, your Childcare covers the Academic Year.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Emmanicole94
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lynsey SFE)
(Original post by Emmanicole94)I am currently studying a 2 year counselling course and have just finished my first year and will begin my final year in September. I was told 6-8 weeks ago by SFE I would continue receiving childcare grant throughout the summer holidays this year. However this has stopped, having just contacted SFE they have told me I’m not entitled to it over this summer because I will starting my final year in September. Is this right? If so, Why? As it means I will be unable to keep my sons place with his childminder.

Hello,

If you're in year 1, your Childcare covers the Academic Year.

Thanks, Lynsey.
Hi Lynsey, I am in year one and will be going into my final year in September.
does this mean I am entitled to it from now until September?
thanks
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emmanicole94)
Hi Lynsey, I am in year one and will be going into my final year in September.
does this mean I am entitled to it from now until September?
thanks
Hello,

You should be, I would suggest sending us a live chat/secure message via your online account or call us on 0300 100 0607, we can then look into this with you.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads