Liverpool Vet Med 2022 waiting list

Watch this thread
Stresshead07
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, as a very stressed Mum can anyone advise! My son has been offered and has confirmed an offer for 2023 to Study Vet Med at Liverpool. Just received an email to ask would he like to be placed on the waiting list for 2022 - does anyone know if he is offered a place for 2022 on results day from the waiting list does he have a choice as to whether to accept or decline and keep his place for 2023 - or do Liverpool adjust his UCAS form beforehand therefore cancelling off his place for 2023. Also, are they lenient with grades and have they ever accepted less than the qualifying grades of AAA. Thanks.
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
This is the medicine forum, so I doubt people are up to speed with vet med.
You may be better off in the vet med forum itself
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=196
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
This is the medicine forum, so I doubt people are up to speed with vet med.
You may be better off in the vet med forum itself
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=196
I've moved it now :ta:
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I've moved it now :ta:
:hugs: Efficient, as ever
RambleAmple
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stresshead07)
Hi, as a very stressed Mum can anyone advise! My son has been offered and has confirmed an offer for 2023 to Study Vet Med at Liverpool. Just received an email to ask would he like to be placed on the waiting list for 2022 - does anyone know if he is offered a place for 2022 on results day from the waiting list does he have a choice as to whether to accept or decline and keep his place for 2023 - or do Liverpool adjust his UCAS form beforehand therefore cancelling off his place for 2023. Also, are they lenient with grades and have they ever accepted less than the qualifying grades of AAA. Thanks.
So I'm not sure when they would change his offer to 2022, I've just finished first year at Liverpool and when they made the 2022 to 2021 changes they did so in like maybe April time and only for very few people. However I think his 2023 offer would stand as long as he meets the grades, and if he was offered 2022 it would probably initially say he got in for 2022 but if he wanted to take a gap year he could let them know and I don't see why they wouldn't change it back to 2023. Whether they are lenient it depends on the year, nothing is set in stone - if everyone does badly and they have free spaces they might allow AAB, however they usually already give out a lot more offers than they have spaces to account for this and so I unfortunately highly doubt they need to be lenient. With Liverpool I think there is the extra thing of because they give offers for 2023 they basically have a reserve of people they liked and so if a lot of people with 2022 offers didn't get the grades they'd more likely just offer the 2023 people a 2022 spot with the grades instead, so unfortunately I wouldn't be expecting leniency. However I believe when the Covid U-turns happened they did allow people with a delayed offer to keep their offer as they retook their A Levels so they didn't need to reapply, I'm not sure if that would still be the case now though.
Stresshead07
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by RambleAmple)
So I'm not sure when they would change his offer to 2022, I've just finished first year at Liverpool and when they made the 2022 to 2021 changes they did so in like maybe April time and only for very few people. However I think his 2023 offer would stand as long as he meets the grades, and if he was offered 2022 it would probably initially say he got in for 2022 but if he wanted to take a gap year he could let them know and I don't see why they wouldn't change it back to 2023. Whether they are lenient it depends on the year, nothing is set in stone - if everyone does badly and they have free spaces they might allow AAB, however they usually already give out a lot more offers than they have spaces to account for this and so I unfortunately highly doubt they need to be lenient. With Liverpool I think there is the extra thing of because they give offers for 2023 they basically have a reserve of people they liked and so if a lot of people with 2022 offers didn't get the grades they'd more likely just offer the 2023 people a 2022 spot with the grades instead, so unfortunately I wouldn't be expecting leniency. However I believe when the Covid U-turns happened they did allow people with a delayed offer to keep their offer as they retook their A Levels so they didn't need to reapply, I'm not sure if that would still be the case now though.
Thanks👍
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
70.13%
In the post (3)
3.9%
Text (10)
12.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
12.99%

Watched Threads