Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does any one know anywhere currently recruiting for jobs ?

ReputationRep:
    Whsmiths are usually recruiting around this time for people to work for xmas- not sure if this will be a permanent job though or if there will be opportunities for it to become permanent?

ReputationRep:
    River Island
    Woolworths
    Primark
    Argos
    Restaurants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by menaa-x)
    Hi, does any one know anywhere currently recruiting for jobs ?
    Best thing you can do is go round the shops, Tesco, Homebase, Do it all, Wickes, any of the D.I.Y shops, Look on Marks & Sparks web site, and Sainsburys, I think those last 2 guys only accept online apps. Because now is probably THE best time to get a job, what with xmas shopping xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie1990)
    Whsmiths are usually recruiting around this time for people to work for xmas- not sure if this will be a permanent job though or if there will be opportunities for it to become permanent?
    You can bet money on it if you take a temp job in retail at the moment, you are highly likely to get offered permanant after xmas ey. I dont think ive ever personally know anyone not to because the majority dont accept because they are students going back to education after the hols xxxx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I wouldn't bother trying DIY shops, they don't tend take on Xmas temps (at least Wickes doesnt) because its really quiet this time of year. Those sort of shops are much busier at Easter.

ReputationRep:
    i need a job. i want to go on holiday but my mum goes to save up myself grrrr lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.