Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone,

Basically I just wanted some advice. I'm 18 and I have like no arm muscles, however I'm pretty healthy, and I am fairly attractive. I keep fit, yet I can't seem to build my arm muscles up to an "average" level. I am slightly skinny, but not to the point where I look anerexic.

I just want to know if anyone has any tips or ways of improving the muscles in my arms, as I'm scared that I'm never gonna get a girlfriend. :'(

Cheers...

ReputationRep:
    You have no arm muscles? It must be unbearable. You can't even lift your arms. Or partake in fapping.

ReputationRep:
    press ups - try 5 at a time then build it up until you can do 30
    do at least 15 after you wake-up and more when you go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

Basically I just wanted some advice. I'm 18 and I have like no arm muscles, however I'm pretty healthy, and I am fairly attractive. I keep fit, yet I can't seem to build my arm muscles up to an "average" level. I am slightly skinny, but not to the point where I look anerexic.

I just want to know if anyone has any tips or ways of improving the muscles in my arms, as I'm scared that I'm never gonna get a girlfriend. :'(

Cheers...
    Read and digest the FITNESS STICKY, it has a lot of collective wisdom on how to gain weight and build muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grant20)
    press ups - try 5 at a time then build it up until you can do 30
    do at least 15 after you wake-up and more when you go to bed.
    a well known muscle building exercise is the press-up.

ReputationRep:
    hey there , read this thread I made , it desribes muscles growth , waht to eat , and general stuff about building muscles/hypertrophy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=718607

ReputationRep:

Cheers...

word on the street is all girls hate muscles

your best off looking like some gay emo skinny tosser with skinny jeans if your out to pull todays generation of girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    hey there , read this thread I made , it desribes muscles growth , waht to eat , and general stuff about building muscles/hypertrophy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=718607
    that thread is full of ****. i hope nobody takes any of the advice in it!

ReputationRep:
    lol , lara . c luckily its not my words , otherwise I would have taken offense

ReputationRep:
    its jay cutlers words

ReputationRep:
    here's a groundbreaking idea for you: buy some weights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    a well known muscle building exercise is the press-up.
    Bodyweight will only take you so far though obviously. Weighted pushups are a bit of a nighmare because I just put a weight plate between my shoulders and it's really awkward lol.

ReputationRep:
    Start doing resistance machines/free weights with arm exercises. Bicep curls, triceps extensions, triceps pulldown etc will improve your arm muscles.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Cheers...

I spent a long time making the big sticky with the other regulars. I suggest you go and read it. You need to learn about ALL of it. Not just the muscle bit, the eating bit and nutrition bit too. READ IT ALL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    lol , lara . c luckily its not my words , otherwise I would have taken offense
    who wrote it then?

edit: its kinda blown your cover where at the end of the post it says "Yours truly , Anthony Belton - Ford". and in your profile your name is anthony lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Bodyweight will only take you so far though obviously. Weighted pushups are a bit of a nighmare because I just put a weight plate between my shoulders and it's really awkward lol.
    Resistance is resistance, whether it comes from your bodyweight, weights, whatever. It won't 'only take you so far', it will take you as far as you take it.

Pushups too easy? Add weight, use a backpack and/or a weighted vest. Still too easy? Raise your feet progressively higher to increase the proportion of your weight that you are lifting. Still too easy for you? Perform the one armed variety.

Now this can be applied to pretty much any bodyweight exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number one)
    word on the street is all girls hate muscles

your best off looking like some gay emo skinny tosser with skinny jeans if your out to pull todays generation of girls
    AHAHAHAH!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    i was actually taking the piss. if your wanting to build muscle then press ups are a waste of time. weights are the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Resistance is resistance, whether it comes from your bodyweight, weights, whatever. It won't 'only take you so far', it will take you as far as you take it.

Pushups too easy? Add weight, use a backpack and/or a weighted vest. Still too easy? Raise your feet progressively higher to increase the proportion of your weight that you are lifting. Still too easy for you? Perform the one armed variety.

Now this can be applied to pretty much any bodyweight exercise.
    Bodyweight pushups will only take you so far. There is no debating that, you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    who wrote it then?

edit: its kinda blown your cover where at the end of the post it says "Yours truly , Anthony Belton - Ford". and in your profile your name is anthony lol
    LOL that's some good shizzle.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.