The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

UCL Official Accommodation Swap Thread 2022

It's that time of year again! :awesome:

This is the official thread for discussing accommodation swaps for University College London. :yep:

UCL operates a "swap list" 2 weeks after move in. This means you will need to move into wherever UCL allocate you and then ask to be moved elsewhere. This thread can be used for locating others who would like to swap.

If you're looking to swap please post below with...
Your sex/gender...
Your study level... (e.g. Undergrad, Postgrad)
What accommodation do you have?
What do you want to swap to?

*Please read the thread to see if there's someone you're looking for. You can search the thread by clicking on the 3 little dots on the top right, type in the name of the accommodation and click search.* :smile:

Volunteer note: Sharing of offsite social media details is not permitted on TSR in order to protect all users. Please be careful when sharing contact details publicly. All phone numbers, email addresses and instagrams will be removed.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've received an accommodation offer but I want to swap, I have an offer for st pancras way, en suite single room at £281.47 a week, looking to swap, esp for Astor, don't mind if it's not ensuite ! DM me if interested
(edited 1 year ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
i've also been allocated the same kind of room at st pancras way but am ideally looking to get a place closer to the college. if op's is unavailable and you're interested in swapping feel free to send me a dm.
Reply 3
Original post by the_obscure
Sorry can't help the op but great thread idea. I've been allocated a single room in Schafer which I'm happy with - very close to campus and sinks in each room. I've got a part-time waiting job nearer Astor though so if anyone id thinking they're like to swap let me know. My room is £206.50 pw :smile:.

Hopefully more people end up replying! Wish st pancras was closer to the campus
Hi Everyone!
I have just received my Accomodation Allocation to Goldsmid House, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for a hall more closer to the University? It is a single room, ensuite and is £229pw.
If interested, feel free to contact me here, (mod edit- email removed)
Thank you! :smile:
Hi Everyone I also have an offer from st Pancras way for an en-suite single at £281.47 , would be interested in swapping with Astor college I am happy to pay difference in price ! Please let me know if you’re interested !
Just went on an satellite map view to map the route from my halls to ucl which was quite useful. I also took a look at other halls and saw what looked like a massive building site right behind Astor. Not sure how up to date the Google maps are but thought I’d mention it as so many seem to want to swap to there. Might be worth having a look in case you do get an offer but find yourself facing building noise for the next year.
Reply 7
Hello!

I just received an offer for an amazing large En-suite Single Room at St Pancras Way. St Pancras is said to be one of the most lively hall, and it has been recently renovated. The rent is €280. i’m wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for a hall that’s closer to UCL? As my parents want me to stay closer to UCL as I’m in international student.

I’m looking to switch to a superior standard room at garden halls, an en-suite at astor college, or an en-suite at john adams, or really any hall that is closer to UCL.

St pancras way really isnt too far, it is said to be one of the best halls, it’s renovated, everything is nice and modern, and it’s very lively. It’s just that my parents want me to stay extremely close to UCL

If interested please contact me through here Thank you so much!!
Reply 8
I seem to be the only one not to get offered St P

what accomodation did u get??
Reply 9
I got Schafer

would u want to swap with an ensuite at st pancras way?
Hi everyone! I also have an unconditional offer from UCL but haven't heard back regarding accommodation. Did y'all receive an email?
Original post by Rbf199
would u want to swap with an ensuite at st pancras way?

I’m happy with Schafer tbh and would only consider an Astor swap as it’s nearer to the part time job I’ve got. Good luck though.
Original post by Rbf199
Hi! I got a large ensuite room at St Pancras Way for 280 pounds/ week! St pancras is really modern, and has renovated. Would you be willing to switch, as my brother is staying at Ramsay and I would rather stay close with him! Thank you so much!

Hi, I believe we cant switch until Mid October so will move in first and see if its for me. Im not a big party person and tbh my first choice was an ensuite so def maybe interested.
Reply 13
Hi! Can I ask how many m2 your large ensuite room at St Pancras Way has?
Reply 14
Original post by solch
Hi! Can I ask how many m2 your large ensuite room at St Pancras Way has?

Hi! It's 15 m2, and comes with a 3/4 bed.
Reply 15
Original post by Rbf199
Hi! It's 15 m2, and comes with a 3/4 bed.

Thanks for replying! Where did you find out the m2? Do you know if there is an email or sth for this residence because i’m also staying there but for the exact same price I’ve got a single en-suite room (which according to unite students is 13m). So for the same price i have a smaller room, therefore I would like to change it to the large one🙂🙂🙂🙂
Reply 16
Original post by solch
Thanks for replying! Where did you find out the m2? Do you know if there is an email or sth for this residence because i’m also staying there but for the exact same price I’ve got a single en-suite room (which according to unite students is 13m). So for the same price i have a smaller room, therefore I would like to change it to the large one🙂🙂🙂🙂

Hi, I think that we have the same room, but it just differs from 13 to 15m2, I just say its "large" because 13m2 is large compared to other en suite accommodations! So there's nothing to worry about haha, you haven't been tricked or anything like that :smile: We have the same room!
Reply 17
Original post by Rbf199
Hi, I think that we have the same room, but it just differs from 13 to 15m2, I just say its "large" because 13m2 is large compared to other en suite accommodations! So there's nothing to worry about haha, you haven't been tricked or anything like that :smile: We have the same room!

Oh haha thanks for the clarification! That explains a lot😅
Original post by xdivs
I've received an accommodation offer but I want to swap, I have an offer for st pancras way, en suite single room at £281.47 a week, looking to swap, esp for Astor, don't mind if it's not ensuite ! DM me if interested

Hello, do u happen to know any groups for accommodation swap? I’ve got an offer from One Pool Street and was hoping to swap. Thanks in advance!!
Reminder

For your own safety and that of others, do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Keep all posts within Community Guidelines

Wilykit