Am a 16 years old Nigerian and in my last year of second and we are relocating to UK

Watch this thread
Lizzy_Ayomikun
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And can I only prepare for A level exam to eñter uni
enhaza
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
you have to do a levels or international a level equivalents to get a place at uni
Lizzy_Ayomikun
Rep:
so that means gsce is not necessary for me
plain__jane
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lizzy_Ayomikun )
so that means gsce is not necessary for me
I still advise you do your gcses so you aren't disadvantaged in any way. Also Nigerian btw
Lizzy_Ayomikun
Rep:
oh nice meeting my fellow peep
Lizzy_Ayomikun
Rep:
buh if I do the gsce it will make me stay longer and I will enter uni 20 years ... and medicine is a very long way to go
plain__jane
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lizzy_Ayomikun )
buh if I do the gsce it will make me stay longer and I will enter uni 20 years ... and medicine is a very long way to go
oh then instead of doing A levels you can do a foundation year
enhaza
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
have you done gcse equivalent exams? if so you don’t need to do gcses and can apply to a sixth form or college with your grades
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
check with universities you're interested in if WAEC is accepted by them. you will probably also have to take A-levels though.
Lizzy_Ayomikun
Rep:
I would have left Nigeria before writing my weac
Taeraatutta
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My advice would be that you register for Cambridge IGCSEs in the UK if you’d be leaving Nigeria before writing WAEC. Then take the exams when you arrive in the UK. It’s a lot better than WAEC as WAEC isn’t respected much in the UK.

Personally, I did WAEC and NECO. Didn’t cheat so I was awarded really bad grades. Came into the UK, started my a levels and I’m currently taking GCSE Maths and English alongside. It’s stressful but I’d rather have a GCSE/IGCSE when applying to universities or companies rather than a WAEC result.

You can also choose to do Year 11 here, take GCSEs and move on. Either way good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (70)
67.96%
In the post (4)
3.88%
Text (14)
13.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads