Re-apply next year - email

Watch this thread
Jasmine228
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help me to write a polite email to ask about reconsidering my application and ask if it's possible to reapply next year?
I applied for a postgraduate degree.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jasmine228)
Can anyone help me to write a polite email to ask about reconsidering my application and ask if it's possible to reapply next year?
There won't be any chance of reconsideration for this year, and its always possible to re-apply next year, no need to ask in general. If you are trying for a PhD and are already talking to a Supervisor, then yes, ask them what might strengthen your application for next year.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What course were you applying for? Was it research or a taught postgrad programme?
Jasmine228
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
What course were you applying for? Was it research or a taught postgrad programme?
Taught postgraduate program.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Taught postgraduate program.
Then the above guidance is solid, (they won’t reconsider you for this year, but you can apply again in the next cycle and there’s no need to ask permission). However I would definitely ask for formal feedback. There’s no point reapplying if your academics were your weak point, but if it’s CV/PS etc then those you can work on.

Let them know you’re considering reapplying and want to know if there’s any specific areas you can strengthen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads