The Student Room Group

Re-apply next year - email

Can anyone help me to write a polite email to ask about reconsidering my application and ask if it's possible to reapply next year?
I applied for a postgraduate degree.
Original post by Jasmine228
Can anyone help me to write a polite email to ask about reconsidering my application and ask if it's possible to reapply next year?

There won't be any chance of reconsideration for this year, and its always possible to re-apply next year, no need to ask in general. If you are trying for a PhD and are already talking to a Supervisor, then yes, ask them what might strengthen your application for next year.

What course were you applying for? Was it research or a taught postgrad programme?
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
What course were you applying for? Was it research or a taught postgrad programme?

Taught postgraduate program.
Taught postgraduate program.

Then the above guidance is solid, (they won’t reconsider you for this year, but you can apply again in the next cycle and there’s no need to ask permission). However I would definitely ask for formal feedback. There’s no point reapplying if your academics were your weak point, but if it’s CV/PS etc then those you can work on.

Let them know you’re considering reapplying and want to know if there’s any specific areas you can strengthen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending