The Student Room Group

Does anyone relate?

This is what has been going on in my head recently w my bf just wanted validation that others felt the same sometimes.

I feel like my body is no longer mine. To an extent, it has never been mine. There has always been someone, something telling me how to look, how to dress, how to behave. But now my body has become yours. I wash my hair for you. I shave for you. I have sex for you. I take the pill for you. Even though you never explicitly ask. And for what? For some flimsy validation of being told I'm beautiful or gorgeous or sexy. But am I more, will I ever be more to you? Am I someone you respect? Look-up to? Admire? Am I more to you than just a hole, a pretty face, a body?
Original post by Anonymous
This is what has been going on in my head recently w my bf just wanted validation that others felt the same sometimes.

I feel like my body is no longer mine. To an extent, it has never been mine. There has always been someone, something telling me how to look, how to dress, how to behave. But now my body has become yours. I wash my hair for you. I shave for you. I have sex for you. I take the pill for you. Even though you never explicitly ask. And for what? For some flimsy validation of being told I'm beautiful or gorgeous or sexy. But am I more, will I ever be more to you? Am I someone you respect? Look-up to? Admire? Am I more to you than just a hole, a pretty face, a body?

I haven't felt like that yet, but it sounds like something serious. Maybe talk to your GP or check out Kooth. They can help you out. I hope you feel better soon
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there.

Sorry you're feeling this way. :frown:

You are your own person and shouldn't feel as if you're not. It may be wise to communicate your feelings with your bf, if you're comfortable to, or as above access some support.

Take care and best wishes. :smile:
I understand some of what you are feeling. :smile:

Are you also feeling trapped within a toxic relationship or living in a controlling household with little peace & privacy?
Often getting these type of constant thoughts or dreams is your subconscious and gut instinct each trying to warn you that there is something seriously wrong in your closest relationships.

If your bf is in the habit of giving you ultimatums connected with intimate sexual activity without a condom he is a jerk and the wrong man for you to be investing your time & emotions in.
If he is engaging in a pattern of controlling & coercive behaviour that seeks to control your appearance/contraception/diet/finances/friendships/social life- he is a criminal and deserves to be dumped asap then ghosted.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending