The Student Room Group

Would this be ok to wear to an interview?

I’ve found this blouse on asos and was wondering if it would be ok to wear to an interview?

https://www.asos.com/prd/200896390?acquisitionsource=pasteboard
Looks a little short at the waist, since she's wearing high waisted jeans. Probably not suitable as a result - showing midriff in an interview is generally a no-no!
What type of job role and industry are you applying for?

Personally I wouldn't risk wearing a shorter blouse that shows that much of the tummy to a job interview.
Unless the company manufacturers them or is well known for having a dress code for most/all staff that is accomodating of staff wearing visible belly piercings to work.
That is not really an appropriate blouse to wear to a job interview. I am not sure what your style is like in real life, but please wear a simple black trouser, white button down shirt and black cardigan or even a black blazer. Regardless of the role you are going for, always dress smart. A great example is :

https://za.pinterest.com/pin/536350636845847760/
Original post by Belle2778
That is not really an appropriate blouse to wear to a job interview. I am not sure what your style is like in real life, but please wear a simple black trouser, white button down shirt and black cardigan or even a black blazer. Regardless of the role you are going for, always dress smart. A great example is :

https://za.pinterest.com/pin/536350636845847760/

Thank you, is a flowery blouse ok? Not cropped or anything
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous288474

no, it's not ok.

what if they don't like flowers
I would advise that you stick to solid colours when you interview.

Reply 7
If you're in doubt, you're right.

Having had many interviews myself and been the interviewer more times than I can count my advice is to go simple. Don't overcomplicate things, obviously depending on where you are applying it will vary but keep it simple.

Plain black top, plain trousers, clean/fresh shoes, no crop tops/low rise jeans/shorts/unitards/backless dressing/plunging necklines (seriously). Look presentable but don't go over the top because it will come across as strange. The most important thing is that you've put thought into your interview, don't worry about being super fashionable unless you are interviewing for a role in something creative but even then keep it appropriate. You cannot go wrong by keeping it simple, black jeans, top and jacket is my go to. You want to demonstrate that you're aware of what is work appropriate attire and what you'd wear out with your mates.

Good luck!

Plain white/cream blouse dark skirt and jacket in neutral tone so cream,black,navy or grey.Or plain dress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending