Economics Extra/Super Curriculars

Watch this thread
Har6547
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
What would you say are the best extra/super curriculars for economics to write on my PS? I am currently doing an EPQ on the minimum wage so will talk about that, but what books would be good to read over the summer? Which newspapers would be best to start reading? Financial Times? Economist? I am also getting some finance-related work experience. I have read most of Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell, so will probably finish that. I am looking at the higher end unis if that helps. Any ideas/recommendations for the summer would be helpful. Thanks
Last edited by Har6547; 1 month ago
aaq1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
essay competitions, writing articles in school and other magazines, listening to podcasts, attending lectures, BoE papers, Economist/FT, and reading books all are good options.
gerene4024
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
well said!!! megan has caused this turmoil!! she married into the family. has absolutely used harry and the royal family. she is ungracious !! also pushing american attitude on the naturally reserved british! harry needs to be home here >>> Copy Here→→→→→ www.boosterstart.com
Har6547
Rep:
Could you or anyone else please recommend books to read that will look good on my PS? Thanks.
aaq1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
there is no such thing - looks good on PS. It is what you understand and write. it is your point of view that matters. But if you need some ideas then look for suggested reading lists from the universities you are interested in.
Har6547
Rep:
Would it be worth buying a second hand copy of the macro economics text book to have a look through it and include this?
aaq1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
which unis/courses are you looking to apply?
Har6547
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aaq1)
which unis/courses are you looking to apply?
BSc/BA econ. Looking at bath, Durham, Southampton not fully sure yet.
elktefoca
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Har6547)
Hi,
What would you say are the best extra/super curriculars for economics to write on my PS? I am currently doing an EPQ on the minimum wage so will talk about that, but what books would be good to read over the summer? Which newspapers would be best to start reading? Financial Times? Economist? I am also getting some finance-related work experience. I have read most of Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell, so will probably finish that. I am looking at the higher end unis if that helps. Any ideas/recommendations for the summer would be helpful. Thanks
I guess I could help you:

Macroeconomics by Bernanke and Abel
Intermediate microeconomics by Hal Varian
Economic growth by Sala i Martin
Health economics by Frank A. Sloan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads