English literature coursework

Watch this thread
elloluvswagwan
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We've just started our coursework for English, basically a 3000 word essay comparing Small island and Oscar wao, and my teacher hasn't made it clear how to structure our first draft or even where to start?! Does anyone have any help?
CurlyyMM
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Introduction, points, conclusion, bibliography

You should start by drawing up a list of comparisons between the two (obviously after reading the two), comparing contexts, author's lives, and themes - then from that you can make a plan of all the points you feel you want to include
SW004
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Coursework. can be very difficult and teachers can really unhelpful! I got full marks 60/60 in mine and it was all down to me!

First of all, find common themes between the two. They can be very basic, in fact, I would argue that the more basic the theme the better because then you can go into both simple, every day, and complex themes. Also, how are you titling your question? This is improving as your title changes the course of everything else and even how your answer has to be structured!

I hope this helped! If you want you can message me privately on TutorSpark. My name is Safah Eyeman. I remember doing coursework just a few months ago and was struggling so much and people were charging hundreds just for a read through! Ridiculous! So I do it now for £20 an hour lol. I can help you write and show examples!
elloluvswagwan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SW004)
Coursework. can be very difficult and teachers can really unhelpful! I got full marks 60/60 in mine and it was all down to me!

First of all, find common themes between the two. They can be very basic, in fact, I would argue that the more basic the theme the better because then you can go into both simple, every day, and complex themes. Also, how are you titling your question? This is improving as your title changes the course of everything else and even how your answer has to be structured!

I hope this helped! If you want you can message me privately on TutorSpark. My name is Safah Eyeman. I remember doing coursework just a few months ago and was struggling so much and people were charging hundreds just for a read through! Ridiculous! So I do it now for £20 an hour lol. I can help you write and show examples!
Hi! thanks so much for the advice, my title is "Compare the ways Andrea Levy and Junot Diaz present the idea that the personal is historical in Small Island and Oscar Wao referring to relevant context and the ways in which these texts have been read." I'm trying to submit my plan by tomorrow so i'll take on ur advice xxx
elloluvswagwan
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CurlyyMM)
Introduction, points, conclusion, bibliography

You should start by drawing up a list of comparisons between the two (obviously after reading the two), comparing contexts, author's lives, and themes - then from that you can make a plan of all the points you feel you want to include
thank you i love you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
32%
Take a gap year (6)
24%
Resit my exams (6)
24%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12%
I don't know yet (1)
4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4%

Watched Threads