The Student Room Group

Height

I'm only 5'4.25,why does everyone say I'm NOT"SHORT"when I AM and most people in the real world think so too,having short legs is very frustrating?!
Original post by Erseyller
I'm only 5'4.25,why does everyone say I'm NOT"SHORT"when I AM and most people in the real world think so too,having short legs is very frustrating?!

You don't mention your age or gender so I can't definitively comment on the accuracy of whether 5' 4" is "short" or not. However, your profile has you listed as female, so I'll assume that's accurate. The average height for an adult female in the UK is 5' 3.5". (See the latest NHS Health Survey for England here for verification: "In 2019 the mean height of men was 175.5cm, and of women was 161.7cm.")

So, it seems that "everyone" is right when they say you're not short. You're slightly above average in height for an adult woman in England. So now you have to ask some other questions. Why do you feel short? Are all your friends taller than you? Is it really a torso height vs. leg height thing? Is it just all imagined?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending