Height

Watch this thread
Erseyller
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm only 5'4.25,why does everyone say I'm NOT"SHORT"when I AM and most people in the real world think so too,having short legs is very frustrating?!
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Erseyller)
I'm only 5'4.25,why does everyone say I'm NOT"SHORT"when I AM and most people in the real world think so too,having short legs is very frustrating?!
You don't mention your age or gender so I can't definitively comment on the accuracy of whether 5' 4" is "short" or not. However, your profile has you listed as female, so I'll assume that's accurate. The average height for an adult female in the UK is 5' 3.5". (See the latest NHS Health Survey for England here for verification: "In 2019 the mean height of men was 175.5cm, and of women was 161.7cm.")

So, it seems that "everyone" is right when they say you're not short. You're slightly above average in height for an adult woman in England. So now you have to ask some other questions. Why do you feel short? Are all your friends taller than you? Is it really a torso height vs. leg height thing? Is it just all imagined?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads