Who can suggest, a new Powerful gaming Pc or iPhone 13 pro max

Watch this thread
Nauvalfatheen
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am at grade 12 I had a MacBook Air (2020) and an iPhone 7, this Month My parents offer me to buy a new electronic device, and ofc they offer me to buy only 1 . Should I buy a new IPhone 13 Pro max or A powerful Gaming PC
Last edited by Nauvalfatheen; 1 month ago
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Of course you can't play on a macbook but do you have a console? Or maybe any games in mind you wanna play.

If you're not too desperate for games a new phone could be nice, iphone 7 is pretty old.

If you want you could even try asking them for a refurbished iphone 11 or something and a mid tier computer, will probably cost even less than either of those.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I outlined a powerful £750 gaming PC build in post #33 of this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...7232616&page=2
It's a build that should be good for 10 years of faithful service.

The value in PC's is in either buying used or self builds with a combination of new and used bits.

Your iphone 7. Run it into the ground. You paid good money for it. Get your full return on investment from it.
I think that iphone 13's are crazy money. They're only a mobile phone.
Durham Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nauvalfatheen)
I am at grade 12 I had a MacBook Air (2020) and an iPhone 7, this Month My parents offer me to buy a new electronic device, and ofc they offer me to buy only 1 . Should I buy a new IPhone 13 Pro max or A powerful Gaming PC
Hiya

A gaming PC would be a better investment but if you're planning on starting uni soon then perhaps a lighter laptop would be a good choice because gaming laptops are heavier and hence more of a hassle to carry around. Iphone 7 is indeed old so a new phone would also be a good idea but I'm a pro android so would suggest going for a phone that gives more value- maybe Google Pixel?

Alternatively, would your parents be willing to get you both a laptop and a phone which together cost as much as a powerful gaming PC or Iphone 13 pro max? If yeah, I would definitely go for this because there are much better phones which are cheaper and I could easily get rid of them and buy a new one after say 2-3 years instead of feeling obligated to stick with an expensive iPhone when it's outdated.

-Himieka
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads