What to do??

Watch this thread
cherlloydfan1
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So iv got a bachelors and master's degrees in computer science but I still feel like I don't know enough to do a high level I.T job and I get rejected by them and can't do the tests. So now I'm thinking of just doing a basic I.T job but I even had a job interview for a trainee software developer at Ancoris but they also rejected me and were asking me why I applied there cos iv already got an job as a software engineer at Capgemini but I can't do this job so that's y I'm looking for something else. So what can I do about this situation??
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
So iv got a bachelors and master's degrees in computer science but I still feel like I don't know enough to do a high level I.T job ... iv already got an job as a software engineer at Capgemini but I can't do this job...
It sounds like it's a confidence thing rather than an ability thing. How long have you been working at Capgemini? What makes you say you "can't do this job". Have Capgemini said that? If they genuinely thought that then either you'd have been fired by now or the issue would have come up in some sort of performance evaluation / appraisal.

Are you relatively junior there? Do the more senior developers there guide you and help you, or are they the type who enjoy criticising those who don't know as much of them. Hang in there; you'll get better with experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (1)
20%
Take a gap year (0)
0%
Resit my exams (2)
40%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (1)
20%
I don't know yet (1)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads