What grade average do I need in my third year to pass with a First

Watch this thread
itiswhatitisman
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just finished my second year.I got:61, 60, 59, 66, 61, 60 (all 20 credits)For my third year, i have 4 x 20 credit modules and 1 x 40 credit module (dissertation).What marks do i need to get in my 4 x 20 credit modules and my 1 x 40 credit dissertation module to get a First?
Last edited by itiswhatitisman; 1 month ago
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
how much does your second year count for?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by itiswhatitisman)
I just finished my second year.I got:61, 60, 59, 66, 61, 60 (all 20 credits)For my third year, i have 4 x 20 credit modules and 1 x 40 credit module (dissertation).What marks do i need to get in my 4 x 20 credit modules and my 1 x 40 credit dissertation module to get a First?
Forgetting the detailed maths for a moment, have you ever scored well over 70 in an assessment? That's what you are going to need to average in the 3rd year and it's not something you can magically turn on unless you have been really relaxed with your studies so far.
itiswhatitisman
Rep:
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Forgetting the detailed maths for a moment, have you ever scored well over 70 in an assessment? That's what you are going to need to average in the 3rd year and it's not something you can magically turn on unless you have been really relaxed with your studies so far.
I have in my First year, this second year has been hard for me due to mental health issues but I got that under control right now. Also, in my second year I got some 70s but due to it being weighted (e.g. 1 assessment I got 74% but it weighed only 30% of the module).
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have in my First year, this second year has been hard for me due to mental health issues but I got that under control right now. Also, in my second year I got some 70s but due to it being weighted (e.g. 1 assessment I got 74% but it weighed only 30% of the module).
Ok, so you have the ability to hit over 70 in individual assessments. As _gcx says, you need to know the details of how different years are weighted in the final degree calculation.
itiswhatitisman
Rep:
(Original post by _gcx)
how much does your second year count for?
75%
itiswhatitisman
Rep:
second year is 25% and third year is 75%

(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Ok, so you have the ability to hit over 70 in individual assessments. As _gcx says, you need to know the details of how different years are weighted in the final degree calculation.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
second year is 25% and third year is 75%
Looks to me that you need 73 in third year to average 70 overall. If you get close you might get upgraded - check your degree regulations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
34.78%
Take a gap year (5)
21.74%
Resit my exams (6)
26.09%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (2)
8.7%
I don't know yet (1)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads